No announcement yet.

UK Newbie joining the forum planning on building a 32" Pompeii oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought that I would give you all an update on my oven as I haven't posted in a while. I have almost finished building the dome using the IT, which has really helped keep the shape. I am happy with my progress and I have decided not to use a spirit level after the 1st course, as you can only really follow the course using the IT and keeping the inside as tight as possible.
    Gravity has slowed the build now, so I think to speed things up I may build a platform inside and go the sand castle route, to get the dome closed.
    I will then be on to the opening arch and chimney.
    Get free image hosting, easy photo sharing, and photo editing. Upload pictures and videos, create with the online photo editor, or browse a photo gallery or album and create custom print products.

Comment

Comment

Get free image hosting, easy photo sharing, and photo editing. Upload pictures and videos, create with the online photo editor, or browse a photo gallery or album and create custom print products.

Comment

For some reason my photos won't display?

Comment

Photobucket is now charging for third party hosting. Try using the photo icon and uploading them from your computer or phone.
            Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Thanks for your help, I have tried attaching photos from my android phone and also my iPad but still no luck ?

Image upload failed because the extension of this file did not match the content.

Any other ideas?
              Regards Roy

Comment

Hi how’s the build going ?I managed to build a 36” corner build I’m also in essex

Comment

HI Everyone, I have finished my oven and I am really pleased with the results, It is such a shame that I am unable to post any photos on here, I have tried many times and it will not work.
                  I have cooked many pizzas in my oven and also pulled pork and beer can chicken, I have also made a few loaves of bread.
                  This has been an amazing project and special Thanks for Forno Bravo forum and everyone who has submitted their builds, I spent many weeks reading over and over and all the little tips really helped me, roll on the UK spring so I can get back out cooking again.
                  Kind Regards

Roy

Comment

Hi Roy,

I'm sorry about missing your post # 36. I see that you have tried "attaching" photos. Just to be sure, have used the Share Photo (camera icon) at the top left of the reply box?
                    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Hi Joe,
                      I have tried everything! I have clicked on the camera icon, I've tried it on my android phone, my iPad and also direct from my PC. I still get the same message
                      "Image upload failed because the extension of this file did not match the content."
                      I appreciate your help with this as I would love to update my posts
                      Regards Roy

Comment

Roy,

I may not be able to help with the android phone, and I'm not sure about the iPad. But, go to one of the pics that you have saved on your desk top pc. Do a "file save as" and select the jpeg option from the drop down box. Then start a new post and try to upload the new copy of the pic using the camera icon. If you are editing an older post you will have to use the "Upload Attachments" icon at the top right of the reply box.

I hope this works

Comment

Same thing used to happen to me, was because the file size was too big. Use whatever photo program you have to resize and resave the image with a different name , I think 5mb will work but 7 to 8 will not.

Comment

Same thing used to happen to me, was because the file size was too big. Use whatever photo program you have to resize and resave the image with a different name , I think 5mb will work but 7 to 8 will not.

Very much true on the file size. However, It may also have to do with some programs/appliances using different titles for the same format (jpg, .jpg, or jpeg ). They all read the same to me but, the current security settings may not see it that way. Vbullitin was preparing a fix for it in version 5.2.5. I'm not sure what version Forno Bravo is using at the moment or if Vbullitin ever came up with a fix for the android phones. However, resizing and saving the pics should fix either problem.
                            Last edited by Gulf; 01-13-2018, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your help everyone, My photo files were too large, I will now be able to update my post and show you whats been happening.
                              As you can see from the photos my oven is 98% finished, I still have a little bit of rendering to do.
                              My Oven is fully functional and we have cooked some great food in it, I am looking forward to some warmer weather so that I can bake some bread.

This forum has been great help to me and I really appreciate your input, I hope that I am able to offer any advice to help anyone who wishes to build their own oven.
                              I was also a novice and I can honestly say that I enjoyed every minute of this project, give it a go you will surprise yourself.
                              regards

Roy

Comment

I am really pleased with my oven door that a friend made for me, we used stainless steel and filled the middle with vermiculite, the door still gets hot after a few hours but it really keeps the heat in the oven, it has been great for baking bread.

Comment

Working...
                                X