Flue question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flue question

Recently moved into a house with an outdoor brick pizza oven, with no flue, built into a pagoda.
    There is a hole in the top of the oven, but it is below the gutter line of the pagoda, so I'm guessing I will need a flue with two 45 degree joins.
    My question is:

- Will high temperature mortar be strong enough to secure the flu, or do I need extra support because of the 45 degree joins?
    - How much horizontal clearance from the gutter do I need because of the heat from the flu? It is a Colorbond (steel) gutter.
    - Is this a fairly easy DIY installation or should I be looking at getting someone with experience to do it?

Any advice would be much appreciated as I want to fire this bad boy up in earnest!
    Many thanks.

I've done several ovens this way. I think it is a better solution than going through the eaves, although the stainless bends and extra flue lengths add up. Don't go less than 50 mm from the gutter. I usually have a vertical stay on the 45 and two horizontal ones attached to the facia board. This way the oven can be tucked neatly out of the weather, with maybe its bum getting a little bit wet.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0318.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	405386

Click image for larger version

Name:	flue stays.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	405384Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0360.jpeg
Views:	245
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	405385
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Many thanks, David!
      That was extremely helpful and is pretty much what I would need to do.
      Have noticed that my oven doesn't seem to have much of a "mound" where the flue attaches, like most others, and is just straight in:

Comment

Working...
      X