Using a mold vs The Pompeii brick style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a mold vs The Pompeii brick style

So I've been doing several months of research and I think I'm ready to start choosing a design for my pizza oven. I decided against the Barile design because of the uneven heat distribution, even though it seems like that design is MUCH easier to construct. I found a brickwood oven mold kit (I included the link). I'm wondering if there are any disadvantages of this style over building it with firebrick? It seems much easier (my only concern is asbestos in the vermiculite, but I heard perlite doesn't have any) I don't have any masonry skills and I"m afraid I won't be able to handle the Pompeii design, plus it seems a lot more expensive. My budget is $1000-2000, the cheaper the better, but I want it to look nice. Can someone provide me with some guidance here? How long would it take to build each of these ovens?
    So I've been doing several months of research and I think I'm ready to start choosing a design for my pizza oven. I decided against the Barile design because of the uneven heat distribution, even though it seems like that design is MUCH easier to construct. I found a brickwood oven mold kit (I included the
    Last edited by Gulf; 08-08-2019, 01:41 PM.

Hi Googs,

Welcome to the forum. I removed the direct link to a competitor of our host Forno Bravo. Anyone interested can easily search for Brickwood Ovens. I think that you will find a lot of examples on this site of homemade cast oven builds that have been guided by @david s
    Last edited by Gulf; 08-09-2019, 06:09 PM.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Googs,

If you are wanting an oven on a budget the sand mold and homebrew may be what you want to look in to. The money that you would save from not buying an expensive styrofoam mold would go a long way .
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Working...
      X