Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oven size question

Hi,
    I'm helping out a friend with building his first oven.
    The original plan was to build an oven with the casting method but was changed to the old brick method
    So the base is ready with the size of 55.5" X 46.5" and the current plan is to build a 31.5" diameter dome (not round due to metric-imperial conversion).
    Now, after a lot of reading in this forum, I see that most ovens are 36" or 42" which brings me to the question, is 31.5" round oven (using wood) will be enough for let's say 2 pizzas at the same time?

Thanks

Hello Pizza432, I built an oven of that exact size and yes it will fit 2 pizzas at one time. That being said though, I'm the one prepping and cooking the pizzas, so I mostly do them one by one, since they just take 2-3 minutes to cook anyway. I feel doing them one by one you do not need a super large fire. Just move the fire in, or to the side just before cooking.
    My build: https://community.fornobravo.com/for...ress-of-buildi

Comment

Thank you for your reply.
      Actually I already saw your build thread once, but haven't noticed that it is 80cm so I read the whole thing again now. You did a beautiful job there!
      I could see that your opening is 26cm high, is it inner or outer arch? (or they are the same?) and 42.5cm wide. do you have maybe a sketch with the rest of the measurements like depth etc..?

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X