Oven's outer dimension questioin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oven's outer dimension questioin

HI ... I'm looking to build a 36 inch (inner diameter) brick oven. I'm having a bit of trouble identifying the different terminology on FornoBravo's chart (attached).....For a 36" inner diameter oven it's showing a 45 inch outer diameter. But then it says 6 inches for insulation. Is that 6 inches part of the 45 inch outer diameter dimension? Or is it added on to the 45Inches (making the outer dimension 57 inches? Thank you for the help.
    John

"Success can be defined as moving from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm"- Churchill

As the dome wall is 4.5” (half a brick, see page 37 of the instruction) you have to add 9” to the inner diameter: 36+9=45. The insulation goes on top.

Comment

The recommended minimum blanket insulation layer thickness is 3". The 6" for insulation is referring to the overall diameter in this case, or 51". You can scribe this all out on some taped together cardboard to make a full size template that will come in very handy.
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Working...
      X