Mortar Cracking between bricks before ceramic blanket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortar Cracking between bricks before ceramic blanket

Hi there, many thanks for this forum, been reading a lot here over the past few months (very slow builder!).
    The bricklaying is allmost done and i was wondering if it's normal to have so much cracks in the mortar? Asking before i put the cover mortar layer and forward to the ceramic blancket and so on...

Hi Tair,

Welcome to the forum. How do the cracks look on the inside? What kind or mortar are you using?
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Hi gulf,,
      I'm using premix mortar, on the inside i don't see any cracks, i layed the bricks flush against each other.
      Tganks,
      Tal

Comment

Tal,
        I'm assuming that you are using a refractory type premix. Most of those are only appropriate for narrow joints. I would just do the " ....cover mortar layer..." (cladding) and go ahead with the blanket. I think that you will be just fine.
        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
          Tal,
          I'm assuming that you are using a refractory type premix. Most of those are only appropriate for narrow joints. I would just do the " ....cover mortar layer..." (cladding) and go ahead with the blanket. I think that you will be just fine.
          I'd second that idea!
          My Build Pictures
          https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...18BD00F374765D

Comment

Thanks guys,
            I'll do as proposed,
            Tal

Comment

Working...
            X