Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corner installation - 42inch internal - France

Hi all,

I'm getting myself a little confused here with the instructions for a corner installation of a 42inch internal oven.

The various dimensions on the FB instructions don't seem clear to me for a 42 inch oven - would that be the 49inch external oven?

Could someone please advise what dimensions of the slab I should be pouring?

I intend to metal rail and board the outside of the oven, so it won't be just the dome.

Also any pointers on sourcing reasonable priced materials in France, if anyone has any?!

Cheers,

James

The FB plans are a great start for most oven configurations, but are lacking on corner installations. I ran into this building my 39" on a corner slab. Your best bet is doing a search for 42" corner builds and seeing what others did for their slab and stand sizes. Some won't have firm dimensions but you can count blocks and reverse engineer what they did.
    Sometimes I have better luck using google rather than the forum search function. Copy/paste the link below in your browser - I just did and got over 400 hits.

42 inch corner build forno bravo site:community.fornobravo.com
    My build thread
    https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Originally posted by creasy987 View Post
      Hi all,

I'm getting myself a little confused here with the instructions for a corner installation of a 42inch internal oven.

The various dimensions on the FB instructions don't seem clear to me for a 42 inch oven - would that be the 49inch external oven?

Could someone please advise what dimensions of the slab I should be pouring?

I intend to metal rail and board the outside of the oven, so it won't be just the dome.

Also any pointers on sourcing reasonable priced materials in France, if anyone has any?!

Cheers,

James
      If your inside dimensions are a 42" dome, then you need to add on for your brick thickness, your insulation thickness and any plaster render over that thickness. (As applicable)
      In my case, therefore: 42" + 4.5" (brick) + 4.5" (brick on the other side) + 6" + 6" (insulation both sides) + 1.5" + 1.5" (plaster both sides) = 66"
      Obviously, your brick thickness could be different and your insulation layers may be different too.
      Last edited by MarkJerling; 03-14-2021, 08:30 PM.
      My 42" build: https://community.fornobravo.com/for...ld-new-zealand
      My oven drawings: My oven drawings - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Comment

Working...
      X