Help Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please!

I’ve started my 42” Pompei build and just poured the Vermiculite top. I have solely relied on videos and information from here and the web. My next step is to start the oven floor, but I’m having trouble finding layouts showing exact dimensions for building the template, how to lay the brick etc. Something that is step by step. Where can I find these plans please??

There is really no size fits all cookbook instructions. The free FB free eplans has some general info. but since every build is different in configuration, type, finish material, open dome or dog house, insulation, etc. You will just have to sketch things out and search the forum for the best ideas that suits you particular design.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Originally posted by Preserve View Post
      I’ve started my 42” Pompei build and just poured the Vermiculite top. I have solely relied on videos and information from here and the web. My next step is to start the oven floor, but I’m having trouble finding layouts showing exact dimensions for building the template, how to lay the brick etc. Something that is step by step. Where can I find these plans please??
      Welcome!
      If you can provide the floor brick sizes and your inner dome diameter and prefered door opening width, I can sketch it out for you.
      Regards,
      Mark
      My 42" build: https://community.fornobravo.com/for...ld-new-zealand
      My oven drawings: My oven drawings - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Comment

As discussed, here's a sketch. Bear in mind that even though the bricks may be sold as 9" x 4.5" that the final size of the bricks may be slightly different. The best thing to do is to pack out your floor on a flat level surface and place a cardboard template of your oven floor and oven opening over the top. You can then use chalk to mark out where to cut your bricks to fit inside the oven walls. Or, some people pack the floor out larger on their base so as to build the walls up on top of the floor. I prefer the floor inside method as that means the floor can be more easily replaced in future, if needed, but then, how often may it be necessary to replace the floor? So either method works.

The sketch shows 42" diameter oven with a 20" door width. Coincidentally, my oven is that same diameter and door width, although my floor bricks are a lot bigger, so my floor layout is different. Still on the diagonal though, as that makes it easier when sliding a pizza peel in, should there be a slight (unintentional) height difference between bricks.

Kind regards,
        Mark

Click image for larger version

Name:	pizzafloor-9x4-5.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	439901
        Attached Files
        My 42" build: https://community.fornobravo.com/for...ld-new-zealand
        My oven drawings: My oven drawings - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Comment

Working...
        X