No announcement yet.

My first build - a catalogue of cock-ups :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would caution any use of "dry" cutting of fire bricks. It puts out a high level of dust that contains silica which is not good for you, your neighbors or you family. If a wet saw is not in the cards then the old school brick bolster can be used with good results. See Kavabael's build, a lot of his dome was done with a brick bolster, the rough cuts on the outside and the factory ends in the interior.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

I am all in for the HF saw also. It makes a world of difference. I just set my 10 year old HF saw up on location for a 36" oven and an outdoor fire place. It has had multiple projects on it since my oven and outdoor fireplace builds. It has already paid for itself many times. Hopefully it will finish this current project. If not, I will get another one. Even though they have increased in price like everything else, they are still a bargain as compared to the industrial wet saws on the market. If you have no use for it after the oven build, place it on one of the market lists and you will get half or more of your money back.

HF now has a membership program much like Sam's and Costco. A years membership is $29. They also still have the coupons that don't require a membership. There can be some big savings with either if you set back and watch for a special coupon or member rate. You can sign up to receive the coupons by email.

Disclaimer: I know this sounds like spam, but I have no affiliation with HF
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Working...
      X