X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RandyJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Chach View Post

Haha..I have the Klein screwdriver one as well and also was given an ideal clamp meter opener which is kind of funny too...Love all these electrical tool openers!
    Yes I have 2 of the clamp meters as well. But I really like the Klein one. Small. World.

Leave a comment:

• Chach
    replied
    Originally posted by RandyJ View Post
    OMG i love that bottle opener. I have the Kline bottle with the screw driver handle and love that too. But i may need to look for that.
    Haha..I have the Klein screwdriver one as well and also was given an ideal clamp meter opener which is kind of funny too...Love all these electrical tool openers!

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied
    OMG i love that bottle opener. I have the Kline bottle with the screw driver handle and love that too. But i may need to look for that.

Leave a comment:

• rwiegand
    replied
    About how long on a side for medium rare? Anyone sous vide them to near final temp and then just finish on the coals?

Leave a comment:

• Chach
    replied
    I also have one. Had not figured out where to put it. So I use my Kline professional series bottle opener. US electricians like our beer too. I need to try the cave man style. It does look very tasty. I have just done it on my grill in the entry so far and love that.

Randy
    I know this is an old post but look what the supply house gave yesterday. Looks just like it.

Leave a comment:

• pizzaadmin
    replied
    Originally posted by leemc View Post
    I did a little experiment a few weeks ago and made a video. I cooked some steaks in the wood fired oven "caveman" style - which means you just throw the steaks right on the coals to cook them. I had very low expectations on how they would turn out bteut the were out of this world delicious. I suggest anyone who is a steak lover needs to give this method a try in their wood oven. Or even the charcoal grill.

Also I recorded this in 4K if you have that capability to see it in that format.

Admire your work.
    Nice Attempt ...!

Leave a comment:

• Origen
    replied
    That is outstanding! I would have thought the steaks would be destroyed that way. I'm really surprised they are not charred or covered with ash; I don't have a Tuscan grill yet, but I set up a 19" Weber kettle grill insert on top of fire bricks in the mouth of the oven, and cook steaks on it, but this is going to be the new method! I'm thawing a couple right now to cook them this way later! I have not had my oven operational for that long, but I like it for grilling, roasting, and baking more than for pizza--like Gulf. They are a really versatile appliance.

Leave a comment:

• R. Barton
    replied
    Nice! I need to try this on the coals in my kamodo.

Lee, that's a gorgeous oven my man.

Leave a comment:

• ivancito
    replied
    I also have one. Had not figured out where to put it. So I use my Kline professional series bottle opener. US electricians like our beer too. I need to try the cave man style. It does look very tasty. I have just done it on my grill in the entry so far and love that.

Randy
    Wow Randy!!! Your oven looks like its stuffed to the hilt with wood, awesome picture of the inferno.
    great job.
    Ivan

Leave a comment:

• leemc
    replied
    Gulf - that's a great idea using the cast iron pan to tamp down the coals level. One of my problems when I cooked the steaks, and you can kind of see it in the video, is that they sat on the coals all out of whack which made them hard to flip. I will definitely try that. And I probably am not the first to admit this around here, but I love doing steaks in the oven way, way more than Pizza. Not that the pizza is bad, it's just that they are a crap load more work to make than steaks - plus I like steak more than pizza.

Oh and seriously, if you don't have a bottle opener on your oven - you aren't done building it.

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied
    I also burned all the seasoning off my pan useing as a steam pan for bread baking.

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied
    I've tried the Peter Reinhart "ribeye in a 900 degree cast-iron skillet" approach. That was terrific. 1 minute per side, perfect sear, medium rare. Burned all the seasoning off my pan! Now I need to try the "caveman style" too. I also wonder if you couldn't just cook it right on the firebrick?

I have an opener on my cooler. But not on the oven. I don't even know that I would use it - but it looks cool

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied

Randy

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    Here we go again, Colt 45, PBR or Schlilz.............like Gulf, I bought a bottle open to mount on the oven, just one of those finishing touches I never get around to doing.

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied
    Why do I not have a bottle opener on the side of my pizza oven? am I dense?
    No, DJ.

You are not. Bottle openers are a great accessory! I have one that is not yet installed. It is just that many of us find that buying by the can is cheaper.......................That is,..............after splurging for the oven,...............and then shelling out to buy all the "on sale" meats, flour etc. for the weekend cooks .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X