This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oven Firing Video

We made our first FB Wood-Fired Video. Very exciting. It is an 11-minute video on oven firing and operation, where we bring a cold oven up to pizza baking temperature. We produced (if you can call it that) the video using a Primavera oven at my house.

I promise the video production quality will get better (and that my commentary won't) -- but at least we are off and running. I say "uhmmm" a lot. I've been talking about producing a series of videos for a while, and it feels good getting the first one done. The topics are almost endless.

Let me know what you think. I have posted the video to FB.com, and I will also be making it available on the Forno Bravo channel of YouTube. My goal is the inspire a great deal of conversation about everything I am doing wrong. :-)

Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6aeotaXLgo

James
    Last edited by admin; 10-01-2015, 06:57 AM. Reason: Updated link to youtube video
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Oven Firing Video

Hi James

Any chance you could save it out as somthing but.mov file as it runs as a quicktime movie....

Id love to see it

Comment

sorry james ill read it fully next time

Really looking forward to seeing it on youtube

Comment

Nice video!

Comment

Originally posted by ross View Post
          Hi James

Any chance you could save it out as somthing but.mov file as it runs as a quicktime movie....

Id love to see it
          Hi Ross,

Quicktime plays on all computers, so we have decided to only publish in one format (sorry about that). You can download the free player here:

Apple - QuickTime - Download

Or, you can watch it on YouTube. It will be there later today.

Enjoy!
          James
          Pizza Ovens
          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Here is the YouTube version. I had to cut out 1:40 to fit their 10 minute max, so a couple of transitions are choppy, but it's fun having it out there.

Take a look.

More videos to come and comments are appreciated.
            James

Pizza Ovens
            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

thanks for that its great...very informative

It would be nice to see the fire being built at the start as it looked like you had made a small cage with the wood..

great little oven aswell about the same size as mine

Comment

great video - do you have any video of a pizza actually being made? I recently put together a 24" I.D. pizza oven so I am very curious to see how others handle the small size. It seems like you would have plenty of room for a 10-12" pie there. I have not used mine yet as I haven't gotten around to insulating the dome.

Comment

Great timing. The pizza video (in a 24" Primavera oven) was posted last week. You can find it -- and all of our videos -- here:

Forno Bravo Video | Wood-Fired Cooking Videos

Let me know what you think.
                  James
                  Pizza Ovens
                  Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

nice work james,,,, thanks for the videos, thats about the only area of the forum i havent gotten to yet ....

Comment

James,

Great vid. I also would be interested in knowing the kind of wood used, and tips in getting it to light and burn so easily. Also it looked like to cut/chopped the wood into about 2-3" wide pieces.

Comment

Great video James, finally I can see how it is suppose to be done. Seriously, it's good to see the process in order to avoid frustrating mistakes. My only comment was that I had trouble hearing your voice at times, especially when you were bending over taking the temperatures.

Flegreo - the secret is dry wood and forearm size pieces, preferably split. Once the oven is hot, the wood should burst into flames almost immediately when added to the fire.
                        Our Facebook Page:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoneh...60738907277443

Comment

Yeah, small wood. Both half-cords I bought (sorta ) are intended for fireplaces and I spend an unfortunately large amount of time chopping it down to much small pieces. Once an oven is 1000 degrees, wood that size catches fire in about five seconds, seriously. It's kind of frightening frankly.

WFO Webpage: http://keithwiley.com/brickPizzaOven.shtml
                          Thread: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...ttle-7878.html

Comment

i ll read it fully next time
                            The sun on the paint on the window, My sweating forehead over the candle in a wine bottle.

Comment

I saw the video and it is wonderful as well as helpful too.

Comment

Working...
                              X