Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza Oven/Fireplace Combo

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and have been researching various designs and ideas posted here.

I've been interested in building a combo Pizza Oven/Fireplace for sometime and thought I would share this recently posted video. This seems pretty ingenious and a beautiful design and execution: Pizza Oven/Fireplace Combo build.

i have seen the same concept executed in a similar manner and it appears to have worked well in each case. The workmanship is excellent and a very creative design with the stone and old mantel. My only question was with the use of type N mortar in the fat part of the dome joints. It will probably be ok, since they used Heat Stop on the interior joints, but I would stick with a refractory all the way through the dome, maybe work the saw just a bit more to control the joint size. This is not a project for a novice, I can say that for sure. I have found three examples of this type of a unit online and each was executed by full time mason, I plan to build my own this winter as time allows and hopefully I can post some pics.
    The cost of living continues to skyrocket, and yet it remains a popular choice.

Comment

Working...
    X