• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hungng
    replied
    Re: Sydney Outdoor Kitchen

Hi Bruno,
    How many wheelbarrows full of render did you use and how thick did you put it on?
    Looks great by the way.

Chris..

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied

Bruno,
    It is a good idea to wrap the whole thing up to retain moisture for a week. This will help it achieve maximum strength. I find cling wrap works really well. nice job on the rendering by the way.

Leave a comment:

• brung99
    replied

Final Render photos

Leave a comment:

• brung99
    replied

Completed the render today using a 4-1-1 mix (Sharp sand-off white cement - lime). I added oxide and reinforcement fibres to the mix for added strength. Depending on how the colour turns out once dried out, i might have to cover it with paint to make the boss happy.

Leave a comment:

• brung99
    replied

More photos. I've inserted cardboard around flue and behind front brick arch that will be removed prior to the render fully setting to create an expansion joint that I will fill with high temp silicone.

Leave a comment:

• brung99
    replied

I completed the dome insulation and chicken wire today. Hot (33 degrees here today) and itchy work.

Ended up with 3 layers of 25mm blanket.

Progress photos attached.

Leave a comment:

• brung99
    replied

More progress photos:

We have now completed the metal roof and the Indian minor birds were straight in their trying to build their nest...damn nuisances !!!

Drop box for flue has been installed though the roof and the dektite flashing also fitted.

I've mortared the flue manifold section and the front brick arch. Next up...dome insulation and render time !!

Leave a comment:

• brung99
    replied

The kit is supplied with 25mm ceramic fibre blanket. Enough for 2 layers so it will be 50mm thick insulation.

Leave a comment:

• Laurentius
    replied

And does it come with ceramic fiber blanket for the dome?

Leave a comment:

• brung99
    replied

Hi,

The oven is 1000mm internal. They are produced in Italy and I bought it from the importer here in Sydney. Comes as a complete kit except for the external render of course. I will be leaving it as an igloo shape.

Cheers,
    Bruno

Leave a comment:

• Laurentius
    replied

Hi Bruno,

Nice set up. What size is your oven, did you mold it yourself?

Leave a comment:

• brung99
    replied

More photos:

Leave a comment:

• brung99
    replied

After completing the hearth stand, I realised it was still a bit low for my liking. Even taking into account the 50mm (2in) calsil board insulation and 50mm floor tiles, I decided to add a further 50mm by mortaring in some 50mm hebel blocks directly on the reinforced concrete slab upon which to lay the calsil. This brings my finished cooking floor height to 1100mm (approx 43 inches).

The following photos show the hebel/calsil insulation layer and the 4 wall sections and floor tiles being fixed. Joints were sealed with refractory mortar.

Leave a comment:

• brung99
    replied

Finally, all form work removed after a couple of days drying time - luckily it remained standing !!

Leave a comment:

• brung99
    replied

More photos

Leave a comment:

Working...
X