Outdoor kitchen near Moscow, Russian Federation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Outdoor kitchen near Moscow, Russian Federation

I have made part of the pipe located under the roof. Masonry on the clay and sand mortar over.
    Next I need to use a cement-sand mortar.

Spend experiments color ceramic bricks.
    From left to right.
    The second brick painted milk with a fat content of 2.5% is introduced whipped egg whites.
    The third brick painted milk with a fat content of 2.5%
    Fourth brick painted sunflower oil.

Comment

Originally posted by valentin View Post
      I have made part of the pipe located under the roof. Masonry on the clay and sand mortar over.
      Next I need to use a cement-sand mortar.

Spend experiments color ceramic bricks.
      From left to right.
      The second brick painted milk with a fat content of 2.5% is introduced whipped egg whites.
      The third brick painted milk with a fat content of 2.5%
      Fourth brick painted sunflower oil.
      I have eaten a lot of brick dust in my time. Not to good, best I remember. But, these brick sound delicious .

Seriosuly, You have a very awe inspiring build going on there. I am jealous of your cratsmanship.
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Gulf, don't eat my brick, please. ;-))))))))))) Please wait a little. I'll post the photos of real food cooced in my oven.

Comment

G'day Valentin
          I've been following your build with interest for a whilst now.
          The brickwork has been a work of art for me.
          The shaping and polishing of the brick is marvelous .
          But to finish your brick off with an "aniline finish" really brings me back my childhood finishes on shoe leather where " buttermilk" milk with the fat content taken off was soaked into the leather, dry, and buffed with a leather wheel.
          The result was a finish that had to be protected with clear wax but was a real show of those "old school" tanin leathers rather than the modern " synthetic" tans that I deal with today.
          I'm not sure that that the finish would be as robust in the Russian winter and would have to be reapplied, but would probably add to the texture and colour as it aged.
          Regards dave
          Measure twice
          Cut once
          Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
          My Door
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Originally posted by cobblerdave View Post
            I'm not sure that that the finish would be as robust in the Russian winter and would have to be reapplied, but would probably add to the texture and colour as it aged.
            About the test results to the effects of UV radiation, low temperatures, wet, freezing and thawing in a Russian winter, I'll tell ... in april...may 2015.
            Last edited by valentin; 10-01-2014, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Bad weather prevents work. Put timber for laying pipes on the roof, manufactured and installed metal parts, sliced ​​bricks for devices "vyadra" (I do not know in English is called the brick portion of the tube prevents moisture under the roof).

Last edited by valentin; 10-06-2014, 03:44 AM.

Comment

I did it!

This weekend I tested the performance of the barbecue and stove. There was a strong gusty wind directed at an angle of 45 degrees to the front of the oven. BBQ and stove operate simultaneously. Smoke comes in a tube.

Video... (only in Russian)

Fire in the grill.

The fire in the stove.

The smoke from two chanel pipe.

Comment

Transplanting silver (blue) spruce.

Initial location.

Trimming soil below the roots.

Transport with a lump of earth.

The result.

Other photos and videos in the blog of my dog, text only in Russian.

Comment

Laundered oven of clay mortar.
                    Tools for rough machining.

After it each brick is washed with a sponge for washing dishes. Video.

On the stove cooked fried potatoes with mushrooms. That's how they look in nature. This is opyata (armillaria mellea).

Preparing for the feast. Feast without vodka does not happen! :-)
                    Last edited by valentin; 10-25-2014, 11:09 AM.

Comment

I like the picture on your blog of the dog helping pull the tree out. It is also cool that you have the knowledge and resources to harvest you own wild mushrooms.
                      Russell
                      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Unfortunately the dog did not help and tried to return to the original place of spruce;-) It is written in her blog. The English version of text about dog can be found in the Google-translator. You can follow any link in the translated version and read text in English.

I also added the item in the main menu of the site - "English from Google Translate". Translation clear? I think I did it better than Google;-)
                        Last edited by valentin; 10-26-2014, 11:54 PM.

Comment

In Russia there is a saying: "A man said, a man - made." I carry out my promise to tell you about testing tools for painting ovens in the Russian winter.
                          In the autumn of last year, and more precisely - 09.28.2014 I painted a few bricks folk remedies - milk with a fat content of 2, 5%, sunflower refined oil "Golden seed" and the same milk, which were introduced into the foam whipped egg whites. Since these funds will be used for painting the brick barbecue with the barbecue-plate for the cauldron installed on the porch under the awning in front of the house, the bricks were left on the street, at the plate for the cauldron. Stretcher part was oriented to the southeast, in the direction of maximizing the exposure of solar radiation. The experiment was completed on 09.05.2015, that is about 4 to 5 months. Trial painting subjected to full-bodied ceramic bricks M-250 produced by "Borovichy's plant of building materials". The disadvantage of the test can be considered that these bricks are not laid down the wall and not treated joints between the bricks.

Environmental parameters monitored using the weather station installed in the vicinity of the furnace. With confidence I can say that from the point of view of the winter testing was just perfect! For example, in January 2015 January 2, 2015 the air temperature was about one degree above zero, drizzling rain. Third January temperature began to fall, it snowed. And on Jan. 5, it became clear night the temperature dropped to -17, 6 January to -22. In this mode, colored bricks were tested throughout the winter.
                          The results of tests on the original photos to this post.

The top bricks painted milk with a fat content of 2.5% on the left and right of refined sunflower oil. The middle part is not painted.
                          The second top brick painted milk with a fat content of 2.5%.
                          The third top painted brick refined sunflower oil.
                          Fourth top brick painted milk with a fat content of 2.5%, which were introduced whipped egg whites.d milk with a fat content of 2.5% on the left and right of refined sunflower oil. The middle part is not painted.
                          The second top brick painted milk with a fat content of 2.5%.
                          The third top painted brick refined sunflower oil.
                          Fourth top brick painted milk with a fat content of 2.5%, which were introduced whipped egg whites.
                          More detail photos.
                          Milk:

Oil:

Milk+ egg whites

Comment

I have done umbrella on the tube.

Manmade colored paint: cement: brick dust water: sodium silicate - 1: 4: 1: 0.1

Cutting breaks.

In process...
                            Last edited by valentin; 06-17-2015, 11:34 AM.

Comment

I have plastered and painted tube selfmade paint and putty. A mixture of brick dust, cement, sodium silicate (water glass) and water.The result on photo.

Comment

Looks good Valentin. Your creativity is impressive.
                                Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

Working...
                                X