Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would love recommendations for a built-in gas grill!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would love recommendations for a built-in gas grill!

Grill and smoker recommendations—please point me to relevant posts if you want, because I’m sure this gets asked all the time, but I couldn’t find much via the search.

We will have the opportunity to have an outdoor kitchen/BBQ area at our new house, and I’ve been driving myself crazy trying to research the best gas grill to build in. I’ve decided I want a gas grill built in, and will have a separate smoker that I’ll store in the shed and take out when I use it. I anticipate using the gas grill maybe once a week or a few times a month, and the smoker maybe once a month or less.

The gas grill is my first priority because I need to figure out what size the built-in grill will be! We are a family of 3, maybe someday 4, and have friends over/small gatherings sometimes but not too often. For weekly grilling, I’m usually just doing chicken and veggies. I live in the DC/MD area so only grill for part of the year (I know I could grill year round, but I also know that I just won’t!). My top factors would be quality, longevity, ease of use, and aesthetics (something that will look nice as a built in, with the rest of the back yard, patio, etc.)

For the smoker, I wanted the option to do normal charcoal grilling too, and had narrowed it down to a kamado grill such as a Kamado Joe or the the Big Green Egg, but open to suggestions. I like to do things like smoked pork butt. Haven’t gotten too fancy yet

Thanks!!

Hi Natosha,

Welcome to the forum. I'm afraid that you wont get as much feed back here as you would on some of the BBQ forums. BBQ Brethren is one that I use to spend some time on. There are a lot of others if you search for them.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

When I built our outdoor “kitchen” on the deck, we only had so much room. I laid out a grill, sink and refrigerator in as little space as possible because we didn’t want to block too much of our view. I researched many “built-in” grills and ended up buying one from BULL. I found the site BBQGUYS and purchased both the grill and stainless steel doors from them. Actually, I did a second outdoor kitchen for our place in FL and did the same thing. As soon as the weather breaks, we are finishing our lower deck and will be incorporating some sort of grill or smoker or griddle, so I will be addressing building another one.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	0F7AA7AA-310B-4653-9B7A-698DD7CEC76B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	407.6 KB ID:	436059 Click image for larger version  Name:	F3AEDB90-FF9F-46FE-82D6-47C31ABA824E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	457.8 KB ID:	436060
      Last edited by w650gb500; 03-07-2021, 08:55 AM.
      My newbie build thread: https://community.fornobravo.com/for...ie-ready-to-go

Comment

Working...
      X