X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faith In Virginia
    replied
    Re: Grilling in the Oven ?damages oven floor

Well I'm glad the both of you are easing up on the hostility. Thank you.

I come to FB to share our common interest with others and really enjoy the friendly atmosphere. I know squabbles will happen but that tension affects everyone on the site.

All the best, Faith

Leave a comment:

• GrahamG
    replied

Coming from Blackburn Lancashire I had the humour (comes up spelling error when I type it as it should be) washed out of me, even my kids say I need a sense of humour transplant - but I can't find anyone who is prepared to be a donor...

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
    Just for the record I was born and bred in Manchester England I came to Oz in 1980 and took the oath of allegiance to be made a citizen of Oz in 1988, something of which I am very proud.

Saying humour is a local thing is a load of sh1t, you either have it or you dont, I have many friends from around the world from many different cultures on this formum and most of them get my humour.

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Just for the record I was born and bred in Manchester England I came to Oz in 1980 and took the oath of allegiance to be made a citizen of Oz in 1988, something of which I am very proud.

Saying humour is a local thing is a load of sh1t, you either have it or you dont, I have many friends from around the world from many different cultures on this formum and most of them get my humour.

Leave a comment:

• GrahamG
    replied

Brickie From Oz, with being British I don't have a sense of humor it was washed away in the rain.

I have been on this forum for a number of years and just because I do not post a reply such as "nice pizza" to boost my post count I am not classed as a long time poster - fair comment.

Sense of humor is something that is usually understood locally, as my sense of humor is extremely dry and sometimes referred to as sarcastic (sorry). I have done business on a daily basis with Americans and I find they just do not get my sense of humor so I stopped a couple of years ago trying to have a laugh.

Just let the pictures on this forum tell the story of good cooking using a wood fired oven irrelevant of who made the oven. The only thing that matters is that we all have one main reason for sharing information and that is the love and enjoyment of burning wood - sorry! I meant cooking food over wood.

Graham

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Originally posted by GrahamG View Post
    but the brickie from oz saw it as a way to "have a go" which is not acceptable.

Graham
    Graham.
    I dont do this often as the long time posters on this forum (which you are not one of) have got, or is that gotten, used to my sense of humour, but if you are offended by remark about digging up old posts, then I apologize.

You really do need to lighten up thought.

Leave a comment:

• GrahamG
    replied

When I posted my answer to the OP I did not expect to be verbally abused...then when I am, I retaliate - people don't like that "cause the nice guy got nasty!", as the old saying goes - "if you can't take it, don't give it!"

It looks as though the failed bricklayer in oz is now recruiting friends to help his cause - go figure.

My last comment (until a rebuttal) is, "you ain't seen nothing yet..."

I cant understand your last comment? I have been on here since 2011 and I AM HERE for a REASON, to share knowledge (or learn) about cooking using a wood fired pizza oven, that was what I was doing in the first instance SHARING KNOWLEDGE, but the brickie from oz saw it as a way to "have a go" which is not acceptable.

Graham
    Last edited by GrahamG; 03-28-2013, 12:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bacterium
    replied

Hey Guvnor......"pull your head in" :..... You can always goof and dig in chit chat area.

Those who come here end up stayin for good reason...!
    Last edited by Bacterium; 03-28-2013, 12:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

So much anger.......
    Buy a personal trainer to sort it.

Leave a comment:

• GrahamG
    replied

Bricklaying, boiler maker what's the difference? Both trades are dead.

As they say in England "Shut your cake hole".

Have a good one, I am sure you are one of my descendants who was sent to Australia, if records are right because you are father less...

You might want to change your avatar then to an old codger with a wrench - LOL
    Last edited by GrahamG; 03-27-2013, 11:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

I guess your still a bit Pi**ed that you have to work for a living...(http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f25/...ely-18721.html) like most brickies I have come across, they do half a days work and want a full days pay...No wonder the construction industry globally is on its bottom.
    I actually retired from bricklaying and went back to boiler making.
    See being a smarty pants doesnt work.....

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

G is for Goddam Rich!
    Have a search around and with all your money buy a sense of humour, you really really need one.....

Besides, whats wrong with grave diggers?

Leave a comment:

• GrahamG
    replied

We should talk later this year...as I intend on selling this current business to a US competitor and will be in either the Virginia or NC area, so I can commute on the 3 day a week consultancy practice we have discussed. Talking to 2 companies one Norfolk and the other in Charlotte.

Originally posted by Faith In Virginia View Post
    Just for the record...I'm not a gold digger. But I do get my money from rich men. But I do it by building them their high end mid life crisis log or timber frame home. I like the ones that pay for the house out of pocket with no bank involvement.

Leave a comment:

• GrahamG
    replied

Me too...if my wife caught me fooling around she would do a Mrs Bobbit to me!

Originally posted by Faith In Virginia View Post
    Graham,

Just goofing around. Whenever women find out a man has money the first question is always ...is he married. If married the second question is ...does he fool around.

You need to get a copy of the gold diggers hand book.

Leave a comment:

• Faith In Virginia
    replied

Just for the record...I'm not a gold digger. But I do get my money from rich men. But I do it by building them their high end mid life crisis log or timber frame home. I like the ones that pay for the house out of pocket with no bank involvement.

Leave a comment:

• Faith In Virginia
    replied

Graham,

Just goofing around. Whenever women find out a man has money the first question is always ...is he married. If married the second question is ...does he fool around.

You need to get a copy of the gold diggers hand book.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X