• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrahamG
    replied
    Re: Grilling in the Oven ?damages oven floor

Greenman,

WOW - You must be the world's only living brain donor.

Originally posted by Greenman View Post
    Hey Brickie - Don't mess with anyone rich enough to have a J.O. oven. Graham was just trying - worked on me! Now get back to work before you get your colonial butt shredded with the cat o nine tails and get the same as the chicken got - but without the tray!!
    I thought we got this sorted out at the Eureka Stockade. Under the Southern Cross we stand................
    Anyway, I appreciate your solid no BS advice, sense of humour and the thick hide that we derivitives of convicts have developed to deflect the blows of the gentry!

Onya..........Greenie

Leave a comment:

• Greenman
    replied

Hey Brickie - Don't mess with anyone rich enough to have a J.O. oven. Graham was just trying - worked on me! Now get back to work before you get your colonial butt shredded with the cat o nine tails and get the same as the chicken got - but without the tray!!
    I thought we got this sorted out at the Eureka Stockade. Under the Southern Cross we stand................
    Anyway, I appreciate your solid no BS advice, sense of humour and the thick hide that we derivitives of convicts have developed to deflect the blows of the gentry!

Onya..........Greenie

Leave a comment:

• GrahamG
    replied

Originally posted by Faith In Virginia View Post
    Are you single?
    No I have a gorgeous wife why?

Last time I was in Virginia it was closed!

Leave a comment:

• Faith In Virginia
    replied

Are you single?

Leave a comment:

• GrahamG
    replied

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
    Graham are you a grave digger by trade? Is that what the G stands for?
    All the posts you are replying to are long gone, dead and buried.
    Hum,

Don't like the attitude! NO I am not a grave digger - G is for Goddam Rich!

I was just TRYING to share information with OP.

Is there a link saying only reply to new posts? If so - provide it.

I guess your still a bit Pi**ed that you have to work for a living...(http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f25/...ely-18721.html) like most brickies I have come across, they do half a days work and want a full days pay...No wonder the construction industry globally is on its bottom.
    Last edited by GrahamG; 03-27-2013, 01:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Graham are you a grave digger by trade? Is that what the G stands for?
    All the posts you are replying to are long gone, dead and buried.
    Last edited by brickie in oz; 03-27-2013, 01:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GrahamG
    replied

We have one of these pizza ovens too and we are in the UK! Cambridge.

Done beer can chicken and I use a tray to put the impaled chicken in, this makes it much easier to get it out as well.

Also done beer chicken and steak over a Tuscan grill that stained the floor, all I did was spread the hot coals around over the affected area and it vanished.

We bought our oven from a company in Preston who sold out to Jamie Oliver and these are now badged with his logo and double the price we paid! In their video it does tell you that they are self cleaning and not to worry if you get food or juice on the floor

Cheers

Graham

Leave a comment:

• fxpose
    replied

I grilled a roast (tri-tip) directly on the oven floor just to see how it cooks. It blackened the floor but I was able to clear the stain by raking coals over that area later on.

Leave a comment:

• md_massimino
    replied

I seen in books and videos that you can place grate close to the oven opening and then pull the coals under it. That way any drippings that fall hit the coals sand burn off. Haven't tried it yet so not sure of the results

Leave a comment:

• readie
    started a topic Grilling in the Oven ?damages oven floor

Grilling in the Oven ?damages oven floor

Does grilling within the pizza oven damage the oven floor? I have a Valoriani oven (refractory clay) (I bought this as using it in central London and its the only one with a DEFRA certificate for legal burning of wood in a smoke free zone..had to demolish my hand made oven after complaints from neighbours, but thats another story). The instructions say not to grill within the oven as fats from the meat etc can damage the oven floor? I was looking forward to getting a Tuscan grill and starting cooking Bruscetta and Bistecca Fiorentina but am now worried. I can't see how grilling would damage the oven floor but any feedback would be very welcome.

Thanks.

Simon
Working...
X