Time to Jump In...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time to Jump In...

Great job on the scetch up! I am such the novice on it. Still trying to get a sphere to work.
    An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

OK - we totally hi-jacked Joe's thread, but he is in Massachusetts so very little can be done now

Arch, very ambitious plans - looks awesome. Exactly where are you putting the bathroom? But seriously, are you going to do the brick? I spent at least a month and I only had to lay 800, but then again, I'm not that good at brick.

Les...
      Check out my pictures here:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

~blush~ Thanks

I'm just in the planning stage - there are a lot of factors I can't yet predict (I won't even consider starting until after I move - eventually) so I'm not overly committed to anything yet. As for the brick, it came in the sketch-up materials list and looked purdy. I have no idea what finish I'll eventually use - brick veneer on cinder block for all I know. I'm gonna make big decisions when I know what I have to work with both in terms of land and funds.

The bathroom is in the portico to the left...

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
        [/CENTER]

Comment

Well since this appears to be a highjacked thread... My grill will be gas, my pizza oven wood and a direct heat hardwood coal smoker inspired by Wilber D Hog which is part of the Lexington Collection. Oh yeah, and a fireplace. Sketch up is my friend, tell me what you think.

Comment

WOW! Tim, that's awesome! Idea to implimentation is another. I guess it is ok to highjack until Joe returns. I am sure he will want his thread back then. Welcome aboard Tim..I hope you are about to get this project under way. When you do, start your own thread and inform us of all the progress, photos, questions, etc...Again, excellent idea.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Comment

Thanks Acoma. This post probably more appropriately belongs in outdoor kitchen design. I've been reading and following pizza oven building techniques with the desire to incorporate a pizza oven in my outdoor kitchen for my backyard. I'll get there, it will be awhile.

My smoker design is still in process and has been modified to more closely resemble the "hog" design. Left side is to make coals, right side is the smoker. See the updated pic. I've attached an interesting masonary grill pic that closely resembles Joe's grill called the beast.

The grill does double duty to create coals for the smoker and can also be used as a grill.
              Last edited by TimAZ; 10-27-2007, 09:04 PM. Reason: add a second thumbnail

Comment

the beast pic...

Comment

Agreed, a beast. I also have an outdoor kitchen design for my smoker, a charcoal grill and the pizza courtyard. O.K., I think my guilt is getting the better of me, sorry Joe.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Comment

Originally posted by james View Post
                    Is FB New Zealand listening? :-)
                    You can't beat a Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc -- although Jaysea's company is the Lindeman's importer in the U.S. That must be a good business.

I like the offset brick idea.

I think we could do with some plans here, and I'm happy to draw this up. Should we start with hand drawn top, front and side elevations?

James
                    Has this project gone anywhere? I have a series of sketches that I have been doing for an attached grill/rotisserie.

The idea is to have a 5-6 foot length of grilling area where the grilling surface rises/lowers to four levels by using a stepped brick wall. The rotisserie would rise/lower to three levels in a channel in the same wall. The complete grilling area would have a domed roof for roasting whole pigs/lamb/chicken. The grilling area would a grate for charcoal/wood in the pit with air flow holes in the front wall.

I get stuck on the chimney part of the equation. Do I need one? should it be in the back or on top?

Ury

Comment

I ended up using an FB fireplace kit (sorry about taking the easier route). I like it a lot, and so far we have used it for fires and wood grilling. I need to think about retrofitting a rotisserie.

What is the consensus? Chimney or no. They sure draw better and keep smoke out of your face.

James
                      Pizza Ovens
                      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
                      X