• Neil.B
    replied
    Did you ever complete this?

Leave a comment:

• Ernstography
    started a topic Non-Domed WFO Parilla Grill Combo

Non-Domed WFO Parilla Grill Combo

Hi Everybody,

I'm new to this so please excuse me if this is ignorant and I missed a thread explaining some of this stuff. I am currently trying to build an Argentine Parilla style covered brick grill but I would also like it to be able to function as a wood fired oven for pizza and maybe bread. I thought this might be possible by simply adding doors and potentially having all internal walls of the grill/oven lined with refractory bricks, but I have yet to see a non-domed oven and I have the feeling this is more complicated than I imagine. Below is a general image of what it might look like but with much smaller of a chimney and some kind of doors to seal in the heat when using it as an oven (though this in turn may make it cumbersome to use it as a grill...). There is also a sketch of what I'm trying to accomplish. I think I'll need to change up the chimney after I learn a little more about the way smoke pulls, but my main concern is using it as grill but also being able to use it as an oven. Any ideas or feedback?
Working...
X