Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Minute Fire

Sorry removed
    Last edited by Karangi Dude; 07-15-2013, 07:03 PM.
    https://community.fornobravo.com/for...-s-48inch-oven

Re: Three Minute Fire

very nice you make it look easy. can not wait to be not able to lite my first fire and also not be able to remove my pizza from peel .. this is such a good forum i think i could any thing somebody always has the answer

Comment

When your oven is new it is still relatively moist and a bitch to fire. The fire is hard to light, smokey and difficult to build up. The more firings you do the better it works until it is perfectly dry. The same applies after prolonged wet weather and no use.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Hello Doug

When the firing is over, do you ever insert the next portion of wood to be sure it is cured for the next firing?

Your nice, big opening makes things a bit easier while cooking, cleaning, etc.
        Lee B.
        DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

i am just after doing 6 pizza in my home oven ... and the last one was a flop . the hole center stuck to my pizza tray .on me pizza stone . can you imagine how many pizza pie.s will be going to the dog when the heat is twice as hotter,,ha,,ha,, has anyone every tried putting 3 or 4 spoons or power skimmed milk in there pizza dough

Comment

For what reason?

Comment

Originally posted by Karangi Dude
              Hey Lee,
              How's things with your build?
              ....snip....
              Cheers Doug
              Finished the oven landing yesterday!! WooHoo!

Thanks for asking Doug.
              Last edited by Lburou; 05-12-2011, 07:23 AM.
              Lee B.
              DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

I'm not a fan of using newspaper - I use a tiny piece of odour free firelighter (Jiffy brand in Oz) and the fire is roaring in next to no time. I have to place it in the centre from the start or else the flames go up the flue. Wood needs to be super dry for best results. The local gum trees seem to have "highter fuel" by way of gum in the bark which is an accelerant and aids ignition.
                / Rossco

Comment

hi laur... about the powerd milk it is some thing i found on the net it is ment to make it lighter and fluffier it also gives very nice texture to it and is very nice as a deep pan pizza . wit olive oil in it .

Comment

Ive seen bread recipes with powdered milk too.
                    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

At brick oven temperatures, anything that adds sugar (like milk lactose) to the crust will tend to cause burning. All those sugar suggestions are generally attempts to get some kind of browning in home ovens.
                      My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Heli, What have you got against newspaper? I am starting out, and use two sheets twisted to get it going, like I always have in the brazier. I might check out the Jiffy fire lighters if the outlay is worth it.

...Gef

Comment

Originally posted by Gef View Post
                          Heli, What have you got against newspaper? I am starting out, and use two sheets twisted to get it going, like I always have in the brazier. I might check out the Jiffy fire lighters if the outlay is worth it.

...Gef
                          I dont like the fine ash that it produces and the reason I never throw paper serviettes or anything else into my oven. The Jiffy firelighters are perfect and 1 small block is perfect to get the fire roaring in no time. Personal preference really though others may see it differently.
                          / Rossco

Comment

Same here the newspaper is terrible stuff as the ash flys around.
                            I also use fire lighters, and STRONGLY discourage guests from using the oven as an incinerator to burn stuff.
                            The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

I use a weed burner to fire up my oven. Since it is a propane powered torch, I can control fire size and length of burn. No problems with the fly ash for me. Down side is the boss hates it when I have to get a new tank of propane. Next stop is a natural gas hookup. In the immortal words of Bevis and Butthead - "Fire, Fire Fire"
                              Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

Working...
                              X