Two Meals in One Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Meals in One Day?

I will be making pizza for a set of friends at lunch time, and then again for family and friends for dinner. I don't want to keep the fire stoked for the 5 hours between. Should I just let it go, without the door on, or should I put the door on, which will extinguish the flames, but retain the heat?

Re: Two Meals in One Day?

I've never done it but I would put some fuel on the existing coals and "lean" the door to block most of the air. It should keep things going until you need to fire it up. Pizza twice a day - you are a lucky guy!
    Check out my pictures here:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Originally posted by poweredbypizzas View Post
      I will be making pizza for a set of friends at lunch time, and then again for family and friends for dinner. I don't want to keep the fire stoked for the 5 hours between. Should I just let it go, without the door on, or should I put the door on, which will extinguish the flames, but retain the heat?
      Put the door on and just wait until you are about 30 minutes to cooking the second batch and fire it up again, it will not take long and you will have saved a bunch of heat.

Chip
      Chip

Comment

Put the door on and just wait until you are about 30 minutes to cooking the second batch and fire it up again, it will not take long and you will have saved a bunch of heat.
        According to several previous posts describing the "WHOOSH" that occurs when removing said door from a resting fire, cover your eyebrows!

Comment

Originally posted by GianniFocaccia View Post
          According to several previous posts describing the "WHOOSH" that occurs when removing said door from a resting fire, cover your eyebrows!
          Good advice John, after 30 minutes with a closed door there is little chance the the fire will flair up in a woosh. this generaly happens when the fire is still quite active.

but just to be safe stand to the side for a minute or so to guarantee any flair up has been averted
          Chip
          Last edited by mrchipster; 09-06-2012, 04:40 PM. Reason: typo
          Chip

Comment

It's funny how movies create an awareness of something .....potentially allowing you to avoid an experience.... or maybe the challenge to pursue it
            Cheers
            Damon

Build #1

Build #2 (Current)

Comment

Working...
            X