Wet oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet oven

I just finished curing my oven and put a layer of blanket insulation over it. It reached perfect temps. I placed a tarp over it and thought it was secured, but a thunderstorm in my area thought differently. I know my blanket is probably trashed (Luckily I have more), but do I have to cure my oven again? I think my ceramic board on the bottom should be all right shouldn't it? I remember reading that James had intentionally left FB Board out in the rain and it has held up just fine. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Wet oven

My board was wet from a hole in the tarp and continued firing eventually dried it out with no damage...I would'nt doubt that the blanket would be the same...
    " Life is art, live a masterpiece"

Comment

The ceramic fire blanket and board will dry out. No need to replace. Due to the storm, if the fire bricks were saturated with water, I would recommend going through the curing process again. After all the hard work, you want to do everything possible to avoid cracks in the dome. If you are in a rush, you can forego further curing. Cracks tend to naturally appear anyways. Not a big deal.

Depending on how wet the insulation is, you may have trouble getting the oven to temp until the ceramic fibre material and bricks dry out some.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I cured it all over again and I'm good to go!

Comment

Working...
        X