Check out my cracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out my cracks

I have a new Casa 2G100, installed by a masonry contractor. I waited 2-3 weeks after it was installed to begin curing, and carefully followed the curing instructions on this site over a week. Just made my first pizzas over the weekend. I do have some cracking, but I'm not sure if I should care. The masonry between the joints of the oven pieces looks like it's separated a little, and there are a couple small cracks forming that I'm concerned could grow into something serious. Could someone please look at these pictures and let me know if I should be concerned?

These photos were taken of the dome with a hot fire in the oven (dome had turned "white"):

little hairline cracks like that are normal and will probably never get any bigger.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Thanks. What about the joints in the dome? Is that normal?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave T View Post
        Thanks. What about the joints in the dome? Is that normal?
        It looks like the mortar has oozed through the joints a bit and not pointed from the inside. You wouldn't want bits falling on your food, so scratch away at them to dislodge any bits that might fall off later.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

This is where you need somebody skinny and not claustrophobic to slide in the arch and start chipping , I had to put one arm up and slide in on a platform ..i took the phone in with me in case I got stuck !
          I didn't, and only a few minor panic attacks .. no more mortar in the pizzas since

Comment

Working...
          X