FB board issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FB board issue

hello all I am new to this but have been reading a lot of your post and there is a great deal of info and some great stories. My name is Jerry and I am building a 42" Pompeii oven. I have the base completed and am now in the process of laying out the dome. My question is I read about FB Board in place of pouring the thick structual slab then the insulating slab, so I inquired about the FB Board and the sales person asked what I was using it for. I replied its for a pizza oven, she then had concern about the FB board giving off toxic fumes when hot. I was shocked so I tryed to look into it but came up short. Does anyone have an answer for this. Also I keep hereing how expensive it is to purchase this board but where I come from it is 12 dollars and change canadian funds. I hope this is the same ( 24" wide x 36" long x2" thick ceramic FB board. Thanks

Re: FB board issue

FB = FornoBravo

I don't think what you have there is the same product. The size is pretty standard for inulation board. For instance the Calcium Silicate board I used has the same dimensions.

Comment

Re: FB board issue

Thanks, i spoke with James and he was saying that the cermic board will not get up to the temp that would change the state of the materials in the insulation. Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Working...
      X