Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How My WFO Cool Down

Sorry removed
    Last edited by Karangi Dude; 07-16-2013, 01:00 AM.
    https://community.fornobravo.com/for...-s-48inch-oven

Re: How My WFO Cool Down

Interesting theory Doug, you are probably correct, but do you have thermocouple readings for the outer temps of the brick To verify, or are you just guessing?
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
      but do you have thermocouple readings for the outer temps of the brick To verify?
      hmmm..does Doug have thermocouples??...

do ducks fly?
      Aussie Pete

250th Aussie on this forum...."so i was told"

Comment

Nice work.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

I have a 6 position thermocouple and could only see a use for three when I built my oven. One in the cement slab, one in the floor about 1 inch from the surface, and one in the dome again about 1" from the surface. I bought a 4th thermocouple even and when it was time to run thtem I still didn't know what to do with it, so it sits in a drawer.
          I can see now where having a few further out in the dome and slab could be helpful in knowing how saturated the oven really is.

Comment

Yes Doug is correct. I have noted that myself and I rely on the oven mass temp to do baking days after the firing. I did a pork shoulder yesterday. I fired the oven closed the door and three days later I did the shoulder. The oven interior was cooler then the rest of the mass.

I have six thermocouples but also have 7.5 inches of thermal mass all around. Two in the floor one at 3/4 inch down and one at 4 inches down. Two on the dome at mid point one left one right about 3/4 inch from the interior. I have one in the dome at about 4 inches in and one on the outside of my dome between the oven and the insulation layer.

I have tracked all the temps over a weeks time and it is quite interesting to watch the reverse saturation or making use of the energy available.

Comment

g'day gents...
              i have an oportunity to insert some thermocouples into my oven build (courtesy of generous volunteers), anyhooo....can you guys help me with something...
              Firstly, whats the best way to place them into the mold, do you just stick them there and cover them, is there any science behind placement, what would be the best way to run the wires.
              Would you guys have any pics you could share with the type of thermo's you used and there placement in the oven, i've been told K type thermo's are the high temp. ones, but PT100 should be ok, any thoughts on this.
              thanks all, and please pics where possible, am really wanting to get a real picture of there use.
              Aussie Pete

250th Aussie on this forum...."so i was told"

Comment

Working...
              X