Hearth Floor Too Hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hearth Floor Too Hot

Got ya! Guess I am fortunate to have Central Milling Company in my back yard and and 50 lb of 00 flour on hand.

Comment

Hi turs18a,
      I cured this problem by approaching the heat management in two differnt fire starting ways in my primvera oven. 1st way - If I am only cooking pizzas, I build smaller fires say 5 logs only with small kindling as needed to kid flames going while the pizzas are cooking. 2nd way - I load more wood over 5 logs for a full day of cooking. The higher temperatures for quick searing and then a pot with various braising of meats. When the temperatures lower to the 500 to 600 degrees point, I start cooking pizzas at that point in time as well. I hope this helps.

Comment

Keep trying. A pizza that cooks in around 2 mins is considered around the ideal temperature.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
          Keep trying. A pizza that cooks in around 2 mins is considered around the ideal temperature.
          Thats a bit subjective isn't it? Neapolitan pizza is by definition cooked for less then 90 seconds, with the better examples hovering around a minute. Classic New York style comes in at 4 minutes plus. Lots of people here seem to lean toward the 2 to 3 minute pizza, but traditionally that is a no mans land. Make the pizza you like by all means, but it is hard to define an ideal.

Comment

Yes, I totally agree. I said "about two minutes" without qualifying my statement, sorry. Some cook it faster and some slower. Everyone has their own style and none of them are wrong, but if the bottoms are burning then the floor is probably too hot and the dome not hot enough, or the pizza is too overloaded on top. Many folk regard the thin based, fast, high temp cooking produces more intense flavours.
            Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

In our catering business, speed is essential. When you have 150 wedding guests hovering around the table, people start getting annoyed if the table is not full. With this in mind, I keep the oven temp way up there. Ideal cycle time is 30 to 45 seconds per pizza. Keeps us busy!

Comment

Working...
              X