Oven not getting white

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oven not getting white

I used my oven last night for the first time since going through the cure process. It lit fine I burned it for about 2 hours and 15 minute and only got a small area of white at the top. The dome was over 800 degrees and the floor 500 plus. Having made pizza on a stone at 500 for years it was no problem and I was able to cook my pizzas in a few minutes. My question is do I need to get it hotter to get it all white the oven was plenty hot still 450 degrees by the door thermometer when I finally put the door on 2 hours later

Re: Oven not getting white

It'll happen, give it time. If it didn't clear then the oven isn't quite hot enough. How did you measure the dome and floor temps?

Chris

Comment

I used the fluke 62 max, I'm going to try a bigger fire this weekend

Comment

Sounds like you haven't driven all the water out yet.
        Last edited by david s; 05-14-2013, 02:16 PM. Reason: Typo
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

what is the er?

Comment

You are not "cured" yet. The oven is still quite wet. After about four to ten fires like the last you should start clearing easily. I would suggest doing a couple more prolonged curing fires before cooking again. It will make life and pizza easier and better.
            Jay

Comment

wow I thought I had cured it thanks for the direction

Comment

Terry,
                If it's the Fluke company that I know, your readings should be good, and if they are good then you're really close.. Run a 4 hour burn, make pizza and see where it takes you. Your oven will become more efficient over the next 10 or so burns..

Enjoy your new oven!

Chris

PS it will go white! :-)
                Last edited by SCChris; 05-15-2013, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Agreed. I had about 6 curing fires over 2 wks building up to a a white peak but not sides. My last fire the entire dome went white all the way to the floor. I tihnk I am there!

Comment

Working...
                  X