Convection for a WFO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convection for a WFO

I was helping a friend cure their oven and we found out that we could get much more even temps using a computer fan with the double hot plate we were using for heat. I didn't think it was possible, but the plastic computer fan survived to an average oven temp of around 275. We didn't push it any further because, after we hit around a 300 dome, we starting burning wood fires (I'm overkill when it comes to curing).

My friend would like to get a more even pre-heat by utilizing some form of convection, but, to hit the 650ish temps he's working at, the computer fan obviously wouldn't work.

Doe anyone have any ideas? The fan would have to circulate the air in the oven and not introduce fresh air.

Re: Convection for a WFO

EcoFan Wood Stove Fan - EcoFan Airplus Heat-Powered Wood Stove Fan Review Not sure if this would work....but it says it can withstand up to 650....it sits on top of a wood stove.....
    " Life is art, live a masterpiece"

Comment

Re: Convection for a WFO

Heat travels up, your oven walls will transport the heat again through the dome to the floor by conduction.

That would have me thinking you do not need a fan....

Just my 2 cents though... maybe having a fan indeed helps but I think it will hardly make a difference....

Comment

Working...
      X