Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat Maintenance for Bread Baking

Hi all,
    I have a Premio2G120, the big puppy. I bake sourdough bread in it weekly and I am looking for tips on how to get the temp to be as consistent as possible.
    I am currently firing the oven on Sunday night, getting it clear, then spreading coals after about 4 hours of active flame. Monday morning I get up and have a surface temp of around 630-650F after I scrape, brush, and mop. I then let the oven fall with the door open and some steam to about 570F. I have been loading about 15 750g loaves at a time for about a 25min bake and can do 2 batches after which the temp has dropped to about 490F. I haven't made enough dough for a 3rd batch (i'll be trying that next week) but I wanted to see what any of you could recommend to get the temps back up to 550F.
    I'd love to avoid another fire for the sake of time and added workload. I have seen gas come up but then quickly dismissed for pizza but I am wondering if I could use that for a quick boost... Or maybe some coals sitting in a barrel to load back in between batches? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Heat Maintenance for Bread Baking

We have Premio2G Pizza Oven Kit which is 48" in size and it heats within 60 minutes. There is no need to do heat management, it works itself.
    Bailey Tench

Comment

Originally posted by baileytench View Post
      We have Premio2G Pizza Oven Kit which is 48" in size and it heats within 60 minutes. There is no need to do heat management, it works itself.
      dear lord, you got some sort of magical oven?

Comment

It may seem like extra work but a small rise in temp on an already hot oven is quite quick and easy to do. Give It a shot and I think you will find that it is quicker and easier than you thought with even a small fire if you are concerned about over heating the floor you may want to consider putting your second fire in a small low BBQ grill (short legs) that way you get heat without the cleanup.

Bunnings should have some type of picnic grill cheap that you could try it out until you find out if it works well or not. If it works well consider a farm store they have stainless feeding pans that are shallow and large diameter. You could most likely come up with a nice solution from something like that.
        Last edited by mrchipster; 05-31-2015, 04:10 PM. Reason: Spelling correction.
        Chip

Comment

Working...
        X