Thermocouple Display - Raspberry Pi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermocouple Display - Raspberry Pi

Another aspect of the oven that I'm working on in parallel with my build, once it's too dark outside to work on the oven, is a thermocouple display. I have a touch screen display with a built in speaker. My plan is to have three screens choices on the display. Tap the screen to toggle from one to the next. Screen 1 will show the floor inner and outer temp. Screen 2 will show the dome inner and outer, and screen 3 will show the floor differential and the dome differential to give a view of the heat soak. I've also thought about adding a timer screen that I can use for cooking. I could possibly use the speaker to set an alert. The device I'm using is a Raspberry Pi with WiFi so I could theoretically upload the data and chart it over time and also create a web app to display the temps on mobile devices. I've got the thermocouples reading but have been struggling with the touch screen GUI interface. Making progress but it's going slowly. The screen has a steep learning curve. It's all written in C++. Any experts that care to help out with the project?

http://n8sbar.servebeer.com/

Oven Thread

Kitchen/Bar Thread
Working...
X