Pizza Bottoms not Cooking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza Bottoms not Cooking

This is my second year with the Vesuvio 90. Last year, I had a problem with the oven floor getting too hot, and burning the bottom of my pizzas. This year, I have the opposite problem, with the oven floor not getting hot enough. Dome is 900+ but the floor remains 500-600. Any tips on how to regulate?

Without seeing pictures do your setup if I were to venture a guess I would say you have a wet floor. My guess is you some how got rain or some form of water in your oven and it is sitting in the floor insulation. I would think if you ran several long duration fires that are not real hot it will dry it out . Then you will be just fine.

Randy

Comment

Interesting. I actually have the Forno Bravo Vesuvio 90: https://www.fornobravo.com/product-s...es-wood-ovens/

It did get a bit wet over the winter, but since then, I've fired it up several times. It did get a bit better each time, so I guess you're right.

Comment

I was aware of witch oven you had. I was wondering if it was in a covered porch or out in the elements. I am glad it is getting better. It will take a number of fires to completely dry it out. After that you will need to learn how to control the fire to keep the temperature you are looking for. It is not hard you just have to know your oven.

Randy

Comment

Working...
        X