Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sureshshan
    replied
    Thank you. This is very helpful. I did not think about the flue opening and water getting in there. I know it is a shot in the dark but will a couple of firings get things dried out?

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    The door will not keep water out from the hearth slab that seeps into the bottom of the oven wetting the insulation. It is a common problem with exposed oven. See link of someone having a similar issue with an open like yours.

https://community.fornobravo.com/for...96624-moisture
    Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 04-30-2018, 08:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• sureshshan
    replied
    Could be ... It has been 3+ weeks since the prior fire. The oven is outside and not enclosed. We have had some rain here in northern California but I have the Forno Bravo door which should keep most of the water out.

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    When is the last time you fired the oven? Is your oven enclosed or an open dome? Has it rained a lot lately if the oven is not enclosed in a structure or if enclosed, have you looked for ways water can migrate in? It sounds like wet floor insulation under the floor and it will require a number of firings to get it dried out. You need to look around the oven for sources of how water can migrate into the base and get the insulation wet.

Leave a comment:

• sureshshan
    started a topic Heat on the floor of a Primavera 70 ...

Heat on the floor of a Primavera 70 ...

I am having trouble retaining heat on the floor of my Primavera 70. The dome temperature is getting to 850-900F but I can't seem to get the floor temperature high enough to crisp the bottom of the pizzas. I have moved coals to the middle in between baking pies but that may not be hot enough. I previously was able to get the bottom of the pies crisp. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance for any and all advice.
Working...
X