No announcement yet.

Commercial oven design... what is best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial oven design... what is best?

Hi all, i am looking to build a commercial pizza oven... i already do precast home ones and am looking to make a model that is good to install in bars and also plan to make them on trailers to hire out.

Im just after a bit of input on what design to go for... main things i want from design.

1. Room for up to 6 pizzas so around 45'?
    2. Design so NO smoke comes out the front.
    3. Design that works well!
    4. A design that can be used every day if necessary and will take a beating.

I have posted a pic with 4 basic designs (please excuse my shocking drawing skills), what design would you go for?

Design:
    1. Standard igloo shape design.
    2. 1/2 cylinder type shape with flat rear wall.
    3. Igloo shape with steeper walls and flatter roof.
    4. Almost square oven but still with curves.

I have the ability to build precast molds for any design so just want the best design for my applications.

Any advise would be appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Design 1
    100.00%
    Design 2
    0.00%
    Design 3
    0.00%
    Design 4
    0.00%
    Other design
    0.00%

Re: Commercial oven design... what is best?

1. 45 feet is way too big for any trailer and would probably take up the whole restaurant. If it is 45" in diam. That you meant, I still think that is too big for a trailerable oven. Do the maths to work out how heavy it would be. You will need a big truck or a monster v8 to haul it and that reduces your profit. Most ovens only cook one pizza at a time, it is the prep that consumes time and labour.

2.funnel the entry to the flue pipe and make sure the flue pipe is an adequate diam. (more is better) I made mine with a removable flue pipe, it works well. Most other mobiles I've seen have problems where the pipe joins the oven.

3.The hemisphere is the most popular, attractive and proven design, but I am biased.

4.if you want it to take a beating then cast it in one piece. I've heard of mobiles rattling to bits, so the fewer bits the better.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
      1. 45 feet is way too big for any trailer and would probably take up the whole restaurant. If it is 45" in diam. That you meant, I still think that is too big for a trailerable oven. Do the maths to work out how heavy it would be. You will need a big truck or a monster v8 to haul it and that reduces your profit. Most ovens only cook one pizza at a time, it is the prep that consumes time and labour.

2.funnel the entry to the flue pipe and make sure the flue pipe is an adequate diam. (more is better) I made mine with a removable flue pipe, it works well. Most other mobiles I've seen have problems where the pipe joins the oven.

3.The hemisphere is the most popular, attractive and proven design, but I am biased.

4.if you want it to take a beating then cast it in one piece. I've heard of mobiles rattling to bits, so the fewer bits the better.
      LOL sorry matey, just trying to use the USA metric system as i know all you folks are still using the old one :P
      1143 mm i mean : )

"3.The hemisphere is the most popular, attractive and proven design, but I am biased"
      Sorry what one is this? #2?

Yes i will be precasting... i have that side sorted for whatever design i go for.

Also will build a fold down flue on the mobile.
      Last edited by Stone Mason1; 01-09-2012, 04:11 AM.

Comment

114.3 mm is about 4.5" this oven is going from enormous to minuscule.
        I guess the hemisphere is your design 1.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
          114.3 mm is about 4.5" this oven is going from enormous to minuscule.
          I guess the hemisphere is your design 1.
          : )
          Thanks, i have seen a lot of commercial/larger oven designs like #2
          Do you think that they are built like that as they would be easier to build over being a better/ more efficient design?

I wish i had all of them in front of me right now in real life so i could see for myself.

Comment

I think design 4 would be difficult to manage the two front corners. All other designs work well. Some folk think a low dome is preferable for pizzas, but in practice they all cook much the same.

Comment

Working...
            X