Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Fire Within Workshop: Become a Catering Pizzaiolo (Feb. 23, 24)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Fire Within Workshop: Become a Catering Pizzaiolo (Feb. 23, 24)

Our good friends at The Fire Within (Bolder, CO) will be holding a new workshop targeted at everyone who is thinking of getting into wood-fired catering. They?ve been doing this for years, and they make great trailer ovens (in lots of different shapes and sizes for different types of catering), they exclusively use Forno Bravo ovens (yay), and their workshops provide a great deal of practical, hands-on information that you can use.

Here?s a blurb.

Getting Started With Your Own Wood-Fired Oven Catering Business

Are you ready to become a catering pizzaiolo? This workshop is designed to take you through all of the stages of starting your own wood-fired pizza oven catering business. Learn first-hand from professionals in the field and practice using the very same equipment you?ll need to run your own thriving business, including our Forno Bravo mobile wood-fired oven! Our next workshop is coming up February 23rd and 24th. Space is limited?register today! Come celebrate our fifth year of hands-on workshops with us!

Our up and coming workshop is:
    February 23rd and 24th 2013

For more information, visit February Workshop 2013 | Mobile Wood Fired Pizza Ovens | The Fire Within

Re: New Fire Within Workshop: Become a Catering Pizzaiolo (Feb. 23, 24)

The class is sold out...

Would love to go but the price is out of my range anyway.

Comment

Also workshop dates in April (April Workshop 2013 | Mobile Wood Fired Pizza Ovens | The Fire Within) and June (June Workshop 2013 | Mobile Wood Fired Pizza Ovens | The Fire Within) ...

Comment

LOL... Okay you fixed the dates. Now can you help with the cost?

I know it's a great value for what you get from the class. I would love to take this class and learn everything I need to know for my own wood-fired pizza oven catering business, lord knows I need a new line of work.

I'm thinking scholarship? Corporate sponsorship? :-)

Comment

Hi Faith,

How many $12-$15 pizza would it take to recoup the cost of the class?

Comment

9316.667 pizza's to break even +-50. That is if I don't include helpers.

If you are looking for an investment ....let me know.

Comment

Hi Faith,

Seriously, that was a Joke(9,316)????

Comment

Originally posted by Karangi Dude
                I thingk I should put the prices up for my WFO workshop / cooking classes
                I don't sell ovens, but I do give out a lot info on ovens there is also a lot of hands on cooking etc.
                At present $125 for 5 hours not bad eh. ????
                Doug,

That is a good deal from you but the airfare would be a killer...

Chip
                Chip

Comment

$$ 900.00 Really.. wow thats close to me 90 mi but dang..
                  “Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience.”

Trellis

Home Sweet Home~ Colorado Springs ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Laurentius View Post
                    Hi Faith,

Seriously, that was a Joke(9,316)????
                    9316.667 to be precise....

Chip
                    Chip

Comment

A joke!!!

Well yes and no. The .667 was a bit of humor. I think it shows that I put some real figures to work.

But no I think the number could actually be higher. On the other hand it depends a lot on many factors.

Cost of the class $900 and now I'm invested. In order to not waste the money I need: Lets say I get one of the pre-made oven/trailers that they sell. I'll guess the mid range price would be $30,000.00 ish. Now I need a truck to pull it. $25,000.00 ish. Now I have operating costs of the two (registration, taxes and insurance , fuel and maintenance) that could get as high as $10,000 a year depending on fuel costs. Okay that is all set. Now I need a business. ='s business license, insurance ( in some places I would need a certified kitchen to prepare the dough and prep work. Now I need to buy the ingredients to make the pizza's , salad and stuff. Do I need help or can I do it all on my own? What are my advertising costs? If I do fairs or festivals what is the cost of the booth space and utilities.

Then prey that nothing bad happens and some moron sues you or you get fined by some local yahoo.

Each one of those items have taken a piece of the pie and I'm sure I have not included everything. like cups and pizza boxes and paper plates.

The trick is to keep your overhead down. build your own oven on a used trailer and things like that but overhead and operating costs are still big pieces of that pie.

I just read what I wrote... that was not funny so I guess it's no joke. ;-)

Comment

Hi Faith

I get it. The Devil is in the details!

Comment

Working...
                        X