Insurance, Solid-Fuel appliances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance, Solid-Fuel appliances

Who are you guys using for an insurer for your restaurant?

I am primarily a BBQ restaurant that uses a commercial wood-fired BBQ pit that is UL listed for zero clearance from combustibles, and I can't even get insurance with that unit.

I want to add a Dual-Fuel FB oven, but fear that I will never be able to get insurance.

I hope to hear some good news with insurers available in my area of the US

Thank you.

Re: Insurance, Solid-Fuel appliances

G'day
    I noticed your post remains unanswered. I'm sorry but this is a little above my pay grade, but. I do know that Forno Bravo do make a duel fuel commercial oven. Pherhaps you might direct an e-mail to Forno Bravo direct, I'm sure they have covered how safe and insurable thier products are.
    Regards dave
    Measure twice
    Cut once
    Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
    My Door
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Originally posted by cobblerdave View Post
      G'day
      I noticed your post remains unanswered. I'm sorry but this is a little above my pay grade, but. I do know that Forno Bravo do make a duel fuel commercial oven. Pherhaps you might direct an e-mail to Forno Bravo direct, I'm sure they have covered how safe and insurable thier products are.
      Regards dave

I believe that they are safe and insurable due to their UL listing , as is my commercial BBQ pit with UL listings of "Zero Clearance" from combustible materials, it has better fire-safety ratings than any other appliance I use in my restaurant every day.

But the problem I am seeking the answer to does not come from the manufacturer, it needs to come from a commercial operator who uses solid-fuel appliances in their restaurant, and finding out who they were able to get insurance through.

I have been through several large national carriers that local brokers deal with in my area, and every single insurer that I have researched does not allow any 'Solid-Fuel" appliance no matter what the UL or NSF ratings are.

I am told that no solid-fuel appliance can be within 10 feet of any structure, and it would look pretty damn stupid having an employee running out the door with a pizza on a peel standing in the parking lot tending a Forno Bravo commercial oven to meet insurance needs
      The health department may have a little something to say about that too. What'dya think?

I am asking commercial operators who covers them with insurance, what insurance company does not have their collective heads inserted deeply into their own rectums to cover a restaurant with a WFO with spectacular UL fire safe listings...

Comment

G'day again
        That would be frustrating. Another thought there is a site called pizzamaking.com. Sorry can't provide with a link using the phone. Anyway in there forum they have sections for commercial operators and there equipment. You might want to direct a question there.
        Hope this helps
        Regards dave
        Measure twice
        Cut once
        Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
        My Door
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

I set up a small business recently with one of my friends from the UK...A coffee shop..so we were looking for a good insurance company as well. he told me that in the UK his previous business was insured with Money Expert, he chose product liability although regarding the equipment they have insurance as well, full cover..now we take into consideration all companies here in the USA as you...but if somebody is from the UK maybe they will need a good insurance company for their business..i leave the link below

Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 05-11-2022, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X