This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crack in deck of frono bravo modena

hello all I have a fb wfo rpm 120 Modena model, yes it lives up to its reputation
    but there is a crack in the deck that developed recently it is bigger then 1/8 "
    about 12" long , is there anything I can use to fill this
    we are a woodfired pizza restaurant , and depend on this unit

thanks for any help....

Re: crack in deck of frono bravo modena

It might help to post a pic. As they say all WFO's have some cracks. They will not impede the performance unless they're so big that you lose heat from them. Usually just let them fill with ash and keep cooking. You should really address your concerns to FB as they are the manufacturer. Attempts to repair cracks are usually unsuccessful and removal and replacement of floor bricks is a better solution if you can't bear looking at the cracks.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

I was hoping there was some high temp mortar we could fill it with the oven is imported from Italy has the one piece deck not tiles like the usa versions
      ant help appreciated , this oven has barley 2 years of use thanks Jim

I have read that the refractionary parts of the oven carry a ten year warrantee does anyone know this to be true?? appreciate all input
      Last edited by goose; 04-12-2014, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Be best to talk to the manufacturer if you have warranty. Mess with it before then and there goes your warranty.
        Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

Originally posted by goose View Post
          I was hoping there was some high temp mortar we could fill it with the oven is imported from Italy has the one piece deck not tiles like the usa versions
          ant help appreciated , this oven has barley 2 years of use thanks Jim

I have read that the refractionary parts of the oven carry a ten year warrantee does anyone know this to be true?? appreciate all input
          This floor appears to be a one piece casting and is full of cracks. How did you go with FB?

Comment

not real well, it is the one piece deck made in Italy they said they could sell me a new deck, but never got back to me with pricing
            I have read there is a ten year warrantee on refractory parts
            honestly this oven hasn't seen heavy usage
            Im not sure I would go with another one for our restaurant,
            if its only got a life span of 2 years , I was hoping for something better from fb
            thought they would stand behind it

Comment

How would you get the old one out, let alone the new one in???

Comment

Out is easy, hammer a chisel. If the new floor is one piece then you cut it in half.
                Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
                John Ruskin

Comment

It is difficult to tell from the photograph, but if the dome is sitting on the floor rather than inside it then removal will be even more difficult. It would then have to be cut all the way around the perimeter and then the same amount trimmed off around the new floor. I made my mobile oven with a one piece cast floor because I was worried about the thing rattling to bits over bumpy road vibrations. It has got some decent cracks in it, but they don't affect it's performance. If I were in your boat I'd just keep using it rather than going to the immense trouble of replacing it. Although if you can get it done under warranty and get someone else to pay for the replacement then go for it.
                  Last edited by david s; 05-23-2014, 09:47 PM.

Comment

If the issue is looks rather then performance why can't you lay a fire brick or tile floor over the top on a thin fire clay sand bed?

Comment

am I reading this wrong it says 10 year warrantee on refractory parts
                      I am a little disappointed with the response from fb, and in the end the never followed up with me
                      Ive always heard they had great customer service but so far not so good
                      heres what I found why wouldn't this apply to my Modena rpm120

RPM 120
                      RPM 140
                      RPM 140x160
                      RPM 140x180
                      Model Comparison

Technical Specifications
                      Traditional Italian Brick Ovens -Sole Pavesi Oven Importer - Wood fired and Gas fired Ovens,
                      RPM 120
                      Small, yet with the capacity to bake 6 pizzas, either wood or gas fired, this oven is ideal for restaurants seating a max of 40/50 people, or for any restaurant that wants to provide its clients with an added service without sacrificing too much space.

Technical Specifications
                      Traditional Italian Pizza Ovens - Pavesi Ovens - Wood-fired and Gas-fired Ovens for Commercial Use
                      Traditional Wood Ovens -Pavesi Ovens - Wood-fired and Gas-fired Italia
                      Our line of traditional-style pizza ovens bring the classical methods of millennia past into the 21st century, utilizing contemporary knowledge to deliver an unrivaled pizza in both flavor and consistent perfection.

Built with the signature Pavesi single-piece baking floor and a unique mixture of refractory composite, even the smaller models are capable of reliable production without heat loss.

All of our traditional Pavesi wood-fired pizza ovens are available in both wood, gas, or wood/gas combination according to your needs. The pizza ovens are shaped after the Pompeii style brick oven where it is heated from a single heat source. The method where the heat source sits at eleven or two o'clock in the oven provides a heat that circulates throughout the oven, pushing temperature into the floor.

Sinapi, traditional fired ovens, wood-fired ovens, pizza ovens, pavesi

This age-old method keeps the oven floor at a consistent temperature, retaining heat during the baking process. The single-piece floor allows the temperature to be quickly recovered, in contrast to pizza ovens with multiple floor tiles.

The superb refractory composition maintains the heat absorption and reflection in perfect balance. The balance of alumina (absorbs heats) and silica (reflects heat) are the key secret ingredients in the refractory material.

As the exclusive importer of Pavesi pizza ovens in the Americas, we are very proud to offer an unsurpassed ten year warranty on the refractory material of our wood and gas fired ovens
                      Last edited by goose; 06-04-2014, 08:01 AM.

Comment

The last line should have you on solid ground, contact them again.

Comment

Goose,

The replacing of floor tiles is not very difficult. Floor tiles wear and tear over time due to spalling. To replace them, you can use a pry bar and lift the tiles from the side wall of the dome (there is a gap designed to be between the floor and the dome interior wall). If you are replacing a center piece, you can chisel it out as suggested.

When replacing the tile, we suggest you use 60 mesh sand instead of mortaring the tile back in place. Easier for future maintenance.

As for the floor cracking and warranty. I sent you a private email with my contact information to discuss.

Comment

Working...
                          X