Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Panther Pizza Oven

Hello,
    I may be asking in totally the wrong forum but has anybody heard of or used Black Panther Electric pizza ovens?
    I'm just after some feedback regarding them and if this is the wrong forum is there one better suited to comparisons between ovens electric and others?

As this is a wood fired pizza oven forum you probably won't get too many of this forum's members recommending electric ovens, mainly because we are all pyromaniacs and in love with fire as much as good pizza. Because a WFO cooks at such a high temperature there is a negligible amount of smoke so it really imparts no flavour. To achieve 90 sec to 2 min pizzas requires a LOT of energy and because heat loss increases exponentially as the temperature rises, the cost of electricity for these high temps would be extremely high. I note that the Black Panther ovens go to 350 C. Most WFO owners cook at more like 400C.
    When in Japan in 2010 we were at a ski resort restaurant which had an electric pizza oven (not a Black Panther) and I was interested to see how long they would take to cook. I was amazed that they were bang on two minutes so ordered one and found it just as good as any WFO pizza. That convinced me that it is the temperature that is the important factor not the fuel. You don't get that slightly burnt edge like a WFO though. Some like it some not.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Having read il pizzaiolo response I did a Google search the Black Panther ovens go to 500 degree C and use 24 Kw of power to run so you just need to do your sums they have a stone floor and based on IlPs comments should work at 25cents a KWh that is $6 per hour

Comment

Not to mention that you better have a lot of room left in your electrical service. 24 kW would need a 125 amp 240 volt breaker. So you might need to up grade your main service to put it in. Just a thought.

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by Toomulla View Post
          Having read il pizzaiolo response I did a Google search the Black Panther ovens go to 500 degree C and use 24 Kw of power to run so you just need to do your sums they have a stone floor and based on IlPs comments should work at 25cents a KWh that is $6 per hour
          Yes, I see most say 500c. I only looked at one site which quoted 350 C. It seems there are a number of models, so I guess their consumption would vary too.
          Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
          X