Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for oven that meets MD's health code: NSF Sanitation Certified or equivalent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for oven that meets MD's health code: NSF Sanitation Certified or equivalent

Hello all first time poster,

I have a few questions some relate to everyone others are specific to people who are catering or working events.

First, I live in Maryland and I would like to start a business cooking pizzas. First at farmers markets or public events and then maybe in to small party catering. I am running into issues with purchasing the proper equipment. Mainly I am looking for a small portable oven that can carried in a truck (think Pizza Party) that meet Maryland’s health code COMAR 10.15.3.

I do not believe that the Bella portable pizza ovens will this standard as of right now.
    “Equipment has to be NSF Sanitation Certified or meet equivalent sanitation listing by another third party certification company. To meet NSF standards, equipment must have the UL Sanitation mark”

I am finding it exceedingly hard to find an oven that has the proper food sanitation marking that does not cost a minimum $3500 (CBO 500). I have been in contact with Pizza Party, ilFornino, and Grills'n Ovens (Prime pizza oven), but none have provide or have the proper documentation that my Health Dept rep will accept.
    So my questions to this group are as followed.
    1. If you have a oven that is under $3500, what type of oven are you using and do you know if has one of the food sanitation markings I have listed?
    2. If you cater or do farmers markets/events what oven are you using? What state are you located in and do you know if your state Health Codes say you need food sanitation marking?

Click image for larger version

Name:	foodstandards.JPG
Views:	570
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	392364
    Thank you for any information you can provide. I am in a lot of these groups and forums and if you see this post elsewhere please be aware that I am post all over to try and get has much information as I can.

Thanks again

JP

Frederick, Maryland

Here is Forno Bravo's page that lists the ceritfications for each of their ovens

Forno Bravo is UL certified in US and Canada.

Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately none of these are really mobile for one person like how a pizza party or an ilfornino would be. I guess I am looking for a small stainless steel wfo. I have had a response from Forno Bravo on fb about the Bella getting the proper certificate next year. I was hoping to find something sooner.

Comment

Working...
      X