108 in WFO India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 108 in WFO India

that is right i am making another large WFO to replace the first one i made the link for the first one are here
    https://community.fornobravo.com/for...e-wfo-in-india.
    In the past 4 odd years the first oven has served me well making over 6,00,000 pies. Now i am renovating my restaurant and building another large oven with a different design and loads of insulation.
    adding a few pictures of the progress so far.

https://goo.gl/photos/DUo57jP7E7EoqyFL6

My first build

“Every morning in a jungle, a Gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a Lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a Lion or a Gazelle... when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.”

I enjoyed the account of your last oven, and I'm looking forward to your account of this second oven. I'm particularly interested in any lessons learned from the design and construction of your first oven.
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Plus 2, yes I remember your last build as well. The pics you attached, wow, that is a big oven. Looks like at least 4" of ceramic fiber board under floor.
      Russell
      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Plus 3, I thought your last build was the biggest one I'd ever see...but obviously I was wrong . This looks awesome and I'm really interested in how you'll do the venting. Also curious if you are thinking of doing multiple doors to increase access and working space.

I remember a WFO somewhere in the eastern US (Vermont?) that was shaped like yours, but not nearly as large. They had made two doors on one long side and during busy times at their bistro/bakery/restaurant could have two people working the oven (each with their own section access and cooking area...and a shared area between). With your upcoming oven's size and shape, I suspect the actual prep, baking/cooking, and serving system you end up using will be pretty unique and have to be extremely efficient...great stuff!

Looking forward to your progress (and postings) and wish you great success!
        Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
        Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
        Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
        Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

[quote]I enjoyed the account of your last oven, and I'm looking forward to your account of this second oven. I'm particularly interested in any lessons learned from the design and construction of your first oven. [/quote]
          bout the learnings
          1)didn't have nearly enough insulation (below the hearth i just had refractory castable, no insulation at all)
          2)didn't have the right insulation (all around the dome i just had 1 inch of fiber blanket and 3 inches of rock wool)
          3) relied too much on my readings and not common sense.
          4) supports around the barrel dome weren't strong enough as i had to build a new concrete wall to support it. as it did start throwing the supports out.

[quote]Plus 2, yes I remember your last build as well. The pics you attached, wow, that is a big oven. Looks like at least 4" of ceramic fiber board under floor. [/quote]

what i have under the floor is high density calsium silicate board. and thats right it is 4" .

[quote] I thought your last build was the biggest one I'd ever see...but obviously I was wrong . This looks awesome and I'm really interested in how you'll do the venting. Also curious if you are thinking of doing multiple doors to increase access and working space.

I remember a WFO somewhere in the eastern US (Vermont?) that was shaped like yours, but not nearly as large. They had made two doors on one long side and during busy times at their bistro/bakery/restaurant could have two people working the oven (each with their own section access and cooking area...and a shared area between). With your upcoming oven's size and shape, I suspect the actual prep, baking/cooking, and serving system you end up using will be pretty unique and have to be extremely efficient...great stuff![/quote]

so i started with the idea of 2 doors and also dividing the oven into two with a partition wall inside, finally settled for one very wide door which is 5 feet wide and just 12 inches high,
          i will be moving the second oven i made next to this one.

you are very right i need to be extremely efficient , especially pre and post oven operations , this monster according to my calculation will be able to give me 10 pies every 90 seconds that gives me close to 400 pies in those peak hours. for the slower days i shall use the smaller oven.
          My first build

“Every morning in a jungle, a Gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a Lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a Lion or a Gazelle... when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.”

Comment

Working...
          X