No announcement yet.

Mobile Wood fired Pizza Oven for sale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Wood fired Pizza Oven for sale!

Just surfing the net, well all right then ebay and came across this pizza oven for sale and guess what, it is here in my own city Adelaide.

Mobile Catering - eBay, Other Restaurant, Catering, Restaurant, Catering, Business, Industrial. (end time 08-Sep-08 17:34:12 AEST)

Some one has put together a kit on the back of an older ute chassis but looks like they couldn't make a go of it. I wonder if they have been to FB forum???

Neill
    Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
    Neill’s kitchen underway
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Re: Mobile Wood fired Pizza Oven for sale!

That's a really nice setup.

I went to the website that's included in the sale: www.rolliespizzeria.com. On the "Way we roll" page it has menu ideas. One of the recipes is "Hendo's Dream". I wonder if there is any relation to our Hendo?
    Ken H. - Kentucky
    42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
    Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

I didn't spend enough time to explore the website but I need to contact Margaret, Hendo's wife to see about fitting the chimney to his oven.
      I have been a bit slack with his oven as been busy with my outdoor kitchen.
      I will look at purchasing the required stainless sheet and making then fitting the geat in the next couple of weeks,
      It would be nice to have it all finished for the family for the summer.
      Neill
      Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
      Neill’s kitchen underway
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Hi guys. We see these 'mobile' WFO's all the time over here in France. Sometimes they're on the backs of trailers, sometimes inside vehicles like Merc Sprinters, and other times they're just on wheels themselves! One thing's the same though, they ALL cook great pizza's!

Herein our part of France they're mainly used for the local delicacy - fou?e.

See here for recipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Le Chant View Post
          Hi guys. We see these 'mobile' WFO's all the time over here in France. Sometimes they're on the backs of trailers, sometimes inside vehicles like Merc Sprinters, and other times they're just on wheels themselves! One thing's the same though, they ALL cook great pizza's!

Herein our part of France they're mainly used for the local delicacy - fou?e.

See here for recipe.
          I can't read French! Maledizione!
          What is that exactly? the fouee'?

The website is a bit lacking to be honest! Great idea but what gives with the teeth at the top of the website? Should it be for dentures? www.rolliespizzeria.com
          Last edited by FigliodiMariaeGiovanni; 10-07-2008, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Fou?e is very like a pita bread. It's basically a mis-shape - what the old boulangers used to use to test whether the oven was up to temperature or not. They'd take a part of the baguette dough and put it in the oven. I'd raise, balloon-like in a matter of seconds if the oven temp was right. Then some bright spark had the idea of cutting the fou?e open and stuffing them with all manner of delicious fillings. Rillettes (rough pork pat?), boudin noir (black pudding), fromage de chevre (goats' cheese) and chocolate!

They are quite simply delicious! I'll be cooking some in my oven when it's completed!

Comment

Google to the rescue:

In the region of Tours in Angers, we know fou?es very well and we love them. In the beginning, we took a small piece of bread dough that we put in the oven to check the temperature and putting bread. These small pieces of dough cook very quickly and swell during cooking. Obviously, these fou?es were not lost on the opening and garnish with cheese or rillettes. At home we love, a little later "with Franquette good" as they say but we really enjoy it. Served with a good drink of the region as Bourgueil or Chinon is a pleasure. For those who do not know I advise you to discover our small fou?es. I have so I'll save you the recipe, you can try at home, but if you have the opportunity to come in the region, book yourself a place in a restaurant serving fou?es to taste this specialty. Our fou?es were very good but baked traditional and non-wood fire (in an apartment that is not too advisable).

Ingredients (about twenty fou?es, knowing that we eat about 10 per person)

200g of flour type 55
              salt
              13cl of lukewarm water
              7g fresh yeast

Dilute yeast in lukewarm water. Mix salt and flour to make a well. Pour in the yeast solution and mix. Put the remaining flour and mix again until dough is formed and roughly homogeneous.

Knead dough on the work surface for 15 minutes.

Let stand an hour on the floured work surface. Cover dough with plastic.

Then cut the dough into several pieces, into small Paton (one must have a score).

Flatten pieces of dough on a floured surface with a rolling pin so that the dough is quite thin. Remove these small fou?es on a floured cloth, cover and allow to rise a good hour.

Preheat oven to 250 ? C. When it is hot, Bake the fou?es on a plate for about 10 minutes. The fou?es must be well inflated.

Garnish hot out of the oven rillettes with goat cheese, garlic butter , to taste.
              My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Dmun,

Thanks! Where in NJ are you?

Sounds good Lechant!

Comment

Le Chant,

We have done quite a few summer vacations and spring breaks in Provence, and we've seen the same thing.

I like the retro-fitted Renault vans that have a real wood oven and make some pretty good pizzas. They seems to have a circuit of street markets during the days and the afternoon and evening in the "piazza" of the local village. Of course the Italian pizzaiolos are lot better. :-)
                  James
                  Last edited by james; 10-07-2008, 10:04 AM.
                  Pizza Ovens
                  Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Originally posted by FigliodiMariaeGiovanni View Post
                    The website is a bit lacking to be honest! Great idea but what gives with the teeth at the top of the website? Should it be for dentures? www.rolliespizzeria.com
                    Ah! But they do say this...

Our food is better than our website, food is our specialty not IT!

Comment

Thanks! Where in NJ are you?
                      I'm in Cranford, Union County

Comment

Originally posted by dmun View Post
                        I'm in Cranford, Union County
                        I used to live in Berkeley Heights, and my son lives in Scotch Plains.

Do you know the WFO place in Westfield?

Comment

Do you know the WFO place in Westfield?
                          I went there years ago when they first opened, and I didn't know anything about good pizza. I was frankly appalled to be served this tiny burnt pizza for a large amount of money.

Now I can make my own tiny burnt pizzas at home!

Comment

Article on fouee in today's Wall Street Journal (August 28th, W9) Sould Food a la Francaise.

Comment

Opps! SOUL Food.

Comment

Working...
                              X