Modena G listed to ANSI-Z83.11a, UL2162 and NSF/ANSI-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modena G listed to ANSI-Z83.11a, UL2162 and NSF/ANSI-4

We are happy and proud to announce that the Forno Bravo Modena G gas/wood combo oven is now listed to ANSI-Z83.11a (gas-fired cooking appliances), UL2162 (wood-fired pizza ovens) and NSF/ANSI-4 (health and sanitation) for restaurant use in the U.S.

This is a really big deal, and it marks a major push by Forno Bravo into the mainstream restaurant pizza oven market -- and hopefully it is going to help a lot of U.S. pizzerias make a better pizza!

The Modena G comes in four sizes, uses ultra high-end refractories and insulators, and features a very cool and unique gas burner. The conical burner shoots a wide column of flame into the oven dome, where it is absorbed and reflected on the cooking floor -- exactly the way a wood-fired oven works. Other ovens have low "gas-log" style burners that cannot keep up the oven's demand for high heat. The oven can works as gas-only or as a gas/wood combo.

The Modena ovens are built in Italy and are very popular in that market. Now, they are easy to purchase and install in the U.S. We have Modena G ovens in stock in California.

We are also starting an advertising campaign, beginning with Pizza Today! magazine. I have attached a copy of the ad.

We are off and running. This has been a lot of work and a significant investment, and we are very excited about the future. Here's to better pizza!
    James
    Last edited by james; 05-06-2009, 02:15 PM.
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Modena G listed to ANSI-Z83.11a, UL2162 and NSF/ANSI-4

Congrats! That's a really cool, uhmm, I mean HOT oven!
    Ken H. - Kentucky
    42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
    Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Congratulations James!
      That oven sounds pretty amazing and I'd think it should have a lot of appeal in commercial circles. Even residential use - if I were ever to move and need another oven I could go for something like that!
      Last edited by sarah h; 05-06-2009, 07:59 PM. Reason: grammar!

Comment

James,

Well done. I know it's been a long and frustrating road for you, so it's good to see a successful result after all the time and hassle.

Jim
        "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

I second all the above! The new oven should have lots of commercial appeal. And open the door for more quality pizza! Way to go, James!
          Jay

Comment

I have contacted the commercial division of Forno Bravo, felt like they didn't need my business! Told the girl that I own two restaurants, and I want to change the concept of one, to brick oven pizza, and from their web page they could help me from A to Z. She didn't seem to have any information at all, asked for a list of commercial clients, she said she would Email me. That was 3 days ago and no response! Who do I contact? Need some help! Thank you.

Comment

I cant believe no one responded I would think they want the business! James would be pretty upset by this comment I would think.

Comment

Hay Bistro,

That post is OVER three YEARS old.

I'll bet when TJ called them he gave them his contact information and FB conducted business through email, phone, mail and not on this chat forum. So it's not surprising this went unanswered in an open forum.

Comment

Working...
                X