mobile start up should i or should not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mobile start up should i or should not

Hi fergus here contemplating starting a mobile business in Ireland. Would like to here from anyone who has a mobile trailer or any advice you may have.

Re: mobile start up should i or should not

Hi Fergus,

I can't add much, except that in our town with a population of 80,000, there are three different people who make a business with the mobile ovens. They all seam to keep busy at the various street fairs and such.

Good luck with your business..

JED

Comment

Fergus,,
      Out of curiosity is pizza a common thing in Ireland, Ive never been there so I have no clue..??

Either way brick oven pizza is a real treat and Im sure you could make a living off it at various parties, street fairs and festivals..

Good Luck
      Mark

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement , but still to be convinced .Anyone got any suggestions on which oven is best suited to being mounted on a trailer.
        Fergus .

Comment

Almost all successful mobile ovens use modular ovens: there are fewer pieces to vibrate apart.
          Residential Modular Pizza Ovens | Prefabricated Pizza Oven Kits
          My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Put some shocks on your trailer.
            Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

I think you would need a very soft riding suspension for sure......

Comment

The magic of the fire in view and you pulling the pizza out ove the oven, enouth said.
                I'm doing the same thing in the south sound area of puget sound.
                This spring .
                Good luck, to you and me.

Comment

Regarding the oven on the trailer,any trailer builder, can for a price give you the adequate supension to handel any oven.

Comment

If your oven weighs more than about 300 kgs then you probably need a dual axle. If you plan on removing the oven and you don't have lifting equipment, tractor with hydralics, or forklift, then you'll want it less than 200 kgs on wheels.
                    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by fergusjdunne View Post
                      Thanks for the encouragement , but still to be convinced .Anyone got any suggestions on which oven is best suited to being mounted on a trailer.
                      Fergus .
                      Hello Fergus and welcome to the forum.

Can't give you any 1st hand experience, but it sounds like a great idea. If you want some "food for thought" then click on the search category and type in "mobile pizza ovens". There are many,many different threads on making a mobile pizza oven.

Best of luck with your project........Terry (C.F)
                      Honi soit qui mal y pense

My 2nd Pompeii build.....

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/memb...eii-build.html

Comment

Fergus,

Couple things to consider with a mobile, many of which have already been addressed. Personally, I'd definitely go with a twin axle trailer design, but be sure to look into electric brakes for it. These puppies are heavy. You'll need a V6 to pull it; SUV or pickup. I'm hardly an expert on suspension (other than MC shocks/forks), but it's worth reinforcing that you will need a soft suspension with lots of travel. More importanly, though, be sure to factor in that mobile ovens are quite top heavy, so lateral roll control should be at the top of the list, and be darned careful in sharp turns.

Jim
                        Last edited by CanuckJim; 01-09-2010, 11:18 AM. Reason: txzypoos!
                        "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Advice welcomed,i would like to find out if there are any mobile units currently on the go in Ireland or the UK.
                          Fergus.

Comment

Thank for replies .Think you are spot on about the trailer design.This will be very important to maintaing the oven.

Comment

And remember, when designing your trailer, that once you start selling pizza to the public, you run up against a tsunami of food safety and health regulations. You will have to outfit your trailer with water supplies, multiple sinks, refrigeration, and on and on. I'd definitely consult with your health department before committing yourself to a design.
                              My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Working...
                              X