Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Built on-site, or delivered complete??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Built on-site, or delivered complete??????

Guys, I am getting nearer my goals for the restaurant expansion.

I like the idea of getting a completed ready to cook oven, but then I started looking at knocked-down versions of the oven model I want. And for a substantial cost reduction. BUT!!

Do I trust a local mason to assemble it onsite? will I recognize any substantial cost reductions by going that way? I am already looking at taking out a wall to get an assembled unit in my kitchen along with my BBQ pit.

I am meeting with the state building inspector on the 22nd, and my health department rep too, along with county/city zoning guys. Basically I will be having a bureaucratic bash at my new location to see what I can & cannot do.

And the kitchen planning is going to be the easy part!! I have restrooms I need to move, and keep them ADA complaint too.

I am at $60K in equipment costs alone, I may see substantial cost reduction by getting as much used equipment as I can, and doing as much labor by myself as I can too, except for the licensed guy need to do their work.

Any opinions would be seen as very helpful, thank you.

Re: Built on-site, or delivered complete??????

I would assume you are checking restaurant auctions and Craigslist on a regular basis. Sometimes amazing deals can be had simply because the market for the stuff is low and the stuff has to go out the door regardless of what it brings. There's always the stories one hears and most often the is some credibility to them, the trick is to be at the right place at the right time.

As for the rest like knocking down a wall to get stuff in or out, been there done that. I've found it easier to take out a window and remove the section of wall below or completely remove door w/ casing etc. than to create an opening on a blank wall. Lots easier to put back together and look ok. I've moved a couple of larger printing presses 4-5 tons where the building was either built around or modified after the presses were in place. Pipes and rollers work wonders and for up to 5000 lbs a pallet jack is a worthy tool to have.

As for the rest if you can find a competent mason and not someone who will say "Yes, I can do that." simply because he's needing the work you shouldn't be much at risk. It isn't rocket science but better if you're not paying for someone's OJT.

This probably isn't much help but at least you know someone is listening...keep us posted and photos are always welcomed.
    Bests,
    Wiley

Comment

Working...
    X