a few questions from a newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a few questions from a newbie

Hi all - newcomer to the site, first post..

I was intending on using a metal arch in my oven (with a row of bricks to cover) - maybe even 2 identical arches - one on dome and one past bottom of vent. Any issues with this?

I was going to use 3mm stainless (elongated pyramid shape) as the vent that leads to flue (tapered with the base the size of door opening up to 2/3 the size then join to flue) - once again, any probs? Do i need to insulate it - was going to expose some of stainless flue as a feature...

anyone run copper pipe on the inside of dome for hot water? how do you attached copper pipe to inside of dome securely? any other thoughts on this...

best place for a thermometer? in the door or wall?

i'm going to build a brick dome (build dome out of sand, lay bricks over then remove sand) eventually brick in dome with insulation and put a concrete cap on top - maybe roof later. Will dome be strong enough to support insulation and concrete cap?

also can i just use normal mortar for dome or do i need to use special stuff?

any feedback appreciated...

Goany

Re: a few questions from a newbie

Did you work through these questions? Sorry you didn't get a timely answer :bummer:

How did you finish your oven vent arches?

Any pictures?

Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Working...
    X