Duratech anchor plate question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duratech anchor plate question

Are single walled stove pipes compatible with anchor plates designed for Class A pipes?

I'm using a single walled 6" black stove pipe and need an anchor plate over the vent.

Thanks!!
    George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Re: Duratech anchor plate question

I suppose you could call simpson or one of the simpson retailers and ask. My first bet is that it's incompatable for liability sake.

Chris

Comment

Hi Chris. You're probably right about that. I'll send them email and ask.
      I think they're not compatible. I'll think of something else.
      The chimney needs to be about 8 ft high and wanted to save $$ by using single walled pipes, starting from the vent up.

Thanks,
      George
      George

My 34" WFO build

Comment

I fought with the Dura$ issue as well. I finally decided that after spending all of the time and effort on the oven, how much more was the Dura$ chimney over what a unknown chimney would cost and the Dura$ chimney parts all work together. I have to say that I'm amazed by the efficency of the chimney, I don't have any problem holding my hand on the exterior while a full fire is running. Some of this is due to cool air mixing with the hot gases in the entry and flue, but it's still amazing to have the chimney exterior only warm to the touch.

Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris. I guess I'll decide what to do once the dome and vent areas are complete.

Edit: While looking at my build this morning I realized that I really don't have room for an anchor plate due to my oven design.
          I'll probably end up casting my own vent for the 6" pipe.
          Last edited by fxpose; 05-01-2010, 10:41 AM.
          George

My 34" WFO build

Comment

Working...
          X