redirected chimney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redirected chimney

I am trying to vent my oven to the rear of the oven, since I built the front under a deck I don't want the smoke/fumes accumulating there. Any advice as to angles to incline the flue, etc. Also, do you recommend double-wall stove pipe? It is SO much more expensive than single-wall. I mean the oven is brick, there isn't any wood in the whole thing, what do you think?
    Thanks,

Re: redirected chimney

I used single walled stove pipes and redirected the stack by using a couple of elbows.

George
    George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

What you can do and what you should do are two different things. Code allows two bends up to thirty degrees in a chimney.

If your deck is attached to your house, then your under deck oven is part of the house and you need to follow building code, get permits and inspections. Building code does not allow for the substitution of single wall stove pipe for a flue system. The reason for this is that stove pipe only lasts for a couple of seasons, and then it breaks down. It is intended to connect a heating appliance to a chimney, in short runs only.

If you ignore code in an oven that's part of your house, you could have problems with insurance or resale of the house. It's not worth saving a few bucks, when your house is at stake.
      My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

"If you ignore code in an oven that's part of your house, you could have problems with insurance or resale of the house. "

I agree completely with Dmun. Follow the codes. Having your pizza party turn into a house burning party would be a real bummer.
        Last edited by Neil2; 07-28-2010, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X