Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finishing Oven Enclosure....questions

Hi All,

My oven is nearly done and we've framed the outside with steel studs and Hardibacker board. It is the type used for bathrooms and wet areas. Could you recommend the steps for placing stucco on the backer board? Does it need primer, metal lath or chicken wire?

The enclosure has a peaked roof and looks somewhat like a childs play house. It will have metal roofing. Is ventilation of the roof area necessary or can I close up the seams all around when I apply stucco? Just wondering if moisture could get trapped inside the enclosure and cause a problem. If a vent or two is necessary could you recommend the size and correct placement?

Cheers,
    Bob

Here is the link to my oven number 1 construction photos!

Here is the link to my oven number 2 construction photos!

Re: Finishing Oven Enclosure....questions

Hello All,

This thread was moved to the Newbie Forum....I hope that was ok. We'd appreciate some advice before going further with the project.

Cheers,
    Bob

Here is the link to my oven number 1 construction photos!

Here is the link to my oven number 2 construction photos!

Comment

"Is ventilation of the roof area necessary or can I close up the seams all around when I apply stucco? "

Always plan on moisture getting into the enclosure. A picture/drawing would be useful, but assuming there will be some roof overhang, I suggest continuous perforated sofitt venting.

Comment

Hi,
        You will want to sketch your enclosure and facade, actually, building a small model with the dimensions in mind will help you to plan the finished look that's perfect for your outdoor dining area. These how to build a brick oven plans are based on 8 foot by 8 foot slab being prepared and a standard brick oven. If you expect to modify them to include a slightly different shape be sure to include facade measurements of at least two inches for the stucco finish
        electrical enclosurers

Comment

any time that you have a vent in the eave, you need one in the peak. air needs to move from the eave to the peak. for a really good source of information on (attic) ventilation, go to www.airvent.co

Comment

Working...
          X