Chimney???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chimney???

well its alittle ways down the line but i am already planning for my chimney. i love the duratech but its real $$$ has anyone ever used 6" pipe from home depot (used for furnace exaust in homes ) i need to have about a six foot chimney thanks for any ideas

Re: Chimney???

Originally posted by jersey View Post
    has anyone ever used 6" pipe from home depot (used for furnace exaust in homes )
    Don't know if anyone has used it, but that product is made for HVAC - it would be a stretch for it to survive the temps you will throw at it.
    Check out my pictures here:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Yep, don't use single wall. It will rot out in three seasons. Whether you use the galvanized hvac stuff, or the black stuff made for stove pipe, it won't withstand the corrosive flue gasses.

Now, if you use it temporarily while you plan and save for your beautiful masonry chimney, well that is another story.
      My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Start monitoring Craig's List now. You will likely find someone selling duratech sections at a more cost effective price.

Comment

thanks great idea

Comment

I bought the Duratech system from FB and I'm happy I did. Money well spent.
            Ken H. - Kentucky
            42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
            Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

I found my Duratech on ebay, the pipe was retail pricing with no tax or shipping, the flange and spark arrestor cap cam from another seller.....for almost nothing, I was the only bidder on both and I think I only paid 9.99 for each. I also found my 2" insulfrax blanket on ebay for only $20 plus another $20 for shipping. Retail at the time was over $125 for the very same roll. it pays to check ever day you are planning....the deals come and go.

RT

Comment

Working...
              X