source and compatibility for extending FB supplied single wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• source and compatibility for extending FB supplied single wall

I've got a Casa2G 80 that I'm installing a pergola over, and need to find a source of single wall SS chimney (48") to extend it. It is going through a large opening in the pergola that is insulated, so I'm not going with double wall.

I'm looking at the stuff from:

Rigid chimney liners, stainless steel rigid chimney liners, 304L chimney flue liner kit

are the way that these sections snap together standard? I called FB and they said their vendor was duravent - but I'm having a hard time finding single wall duravent unpainted.

Any leads or advice welcome.

-Preston

Re: source and compatibility for extending FB supplied single wall

As a union sheet metal worker who installs large amounts of this stuff professionally every now and then I can say I've seen different types of connections in a single brand, let alone across brands. Some snap together and some are held together with outer bands.

Are you after the aesthetics of the stainless pipe? Do you just want to continue with what you already have? It is only single wall after all. If it where me I would probably use the stainless for the first section where it will be hottest and then continue it with stove pipe from the hardware store sealed with either stove pipe cement or rtv silicon.

Comment

Hello ptone,

Look at this site for your needs.

Fireplaces | Fireplace Accessories | Fireplace Mantels - NorthlineExpress.com

Cheers,
      Bob

Here is the link to my oven number 1 construction photos!

Here is the link to my oven number 2 construction photos!

Comment

The only duravent single wall that I've found that will look like it would mate with the FB provided stainless single wall comes in black - I haven't found unpainted:
        Simpson Dura-Vent 1648SS 6" x 48" Single Wall Stainless Steel Stove Pipe Straight Length from the DuraBlack Series

will paint such as this stick to the SS the is already coming out of my oven?:

Duravent High Temperature Paint - Stove Pipe Black

-P

Comment

I have double wall SS Duravent, purchased from Northline Express. Good, prompt shipping.
          FWIW, I purchased one section of Duravent and a cap a couple of years ago, and another just recently, and the connection is the same. It's a slotted, 1/4 turn-lock kind of attachment, at least on the double wall pipe and cap stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by splatgirl View Post
            I have double wall SS Duravent, purchased from Northline Express. Good, prompt shipping.
            FWIW, I purchased one section of Duravent and a cap a couple of years ago, and another just recently, and the connection is the same. It's a slotted, 1/4 turn-lock kind of attachment, at least on the double wall pipe and cap stuff.
            Problem is I'm looking for single wall to mate with the single wall already stucco'd onto my oven - I can find it painted black, but not in the polished SS look.

Not sure a high temp black paint will stick to the SS

hoping not to have to bust up the stucco to get to the anchor to redo it all.

-P

Comment

Working...
            X