roof material in nj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roof material in nj

i have a casa 100 enclosed in a gable house design finished with salvedged brick, i wanted it to look very old, i have accomplished this and when i learn how to post photos, i will share. i cannot seem to find a roof material here in nj that fits my style, i thought a terra cotta type would be great. any help and or ideas would be greatly appreciated

Re: roof material in nj

(M) Consider visiting this site:

Metal Roofing Manufacturer Metal Siding Metal Roofing Products

(M) You will be astounded how realistically their metal roofs replicate slate, shake, etc.

Manufactured using the finest lightweight zinc/aluminum alloy coated steel, covered with ceramic coated stone granules and sealed with our exclusive polymer coating, DECRA Roofing Systems are the most beautiful, durable, and trouble-free roofs available.

Specifications:

* Won’t crack, break, burn, curl, split, or rot
    * Lightweight (only 125 lbs to 150 lbs per square installed)
    * Long-life, non-porous and freeze/thaw resistant
    * Interlocking panels provide a weather-tight barrier
    * Non-combustible, Class A rated material
    * Walkable, Low maintenance
    * Transferable 50-year limited warranty – including 120 mph and hail penetration
    * Class 4 impact resistance to UL 2218
    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, ...
    but no simpler!" (Albert Einstein)

Comment

Marcel,

How does it compare in cost with a conventional 40 year asphalt roof? I need to replace the roof on my home this summer and this may be a better approach.

Thanks,

Les?
      Check out my pictures here:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

It is possible to obtain "used" terra cotta roof tiles in various styles. They still are fairly expensive. I used a green French style. (I would provide a picture of the final result if I could figure out how to do it. Perhaps someone can explain it to the "dummy".)
        If you are interested in "used "terra cotta tiles I can send you some information on where to obtain them. You could also use concrete roof tiles which I supect are a less expensive.
        Fred Di Napoli

Comment

Working...
        X